1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawasaki Z900rs Performance

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Masklin, Jul 10, 2019.

1. I've been quiet here for a while, sort of lost interest in bikes for a bit, sorry!

But anyway, interest is back and I binned the Indian FTR1200 that I had on order, ultimately decided it didn't offer me what I wanted at a reasonable cost for a second bike. Instead, one of these has been bought and is being delivered next week...

IMG_2383.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • WTF WTF x 1
  2. Cool :) :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. A retro copy of the retro Zephyr :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I did wonder if you went forward with the FTR given how much the final bike had changed from it's show bike launch. Cool Z, you getting that paint job version?

5. Yup, it will be as in the photo above. Had a test ride last week and thoroughly enjoyed it, takes me back to my teenage Z250 roots and the time of the original Z1.

• Like Like x 2
  6. 52C3E24B-65B4-423F-9901-00CC73586684.jpeg
    I have the Jaffa as my second bike. It’s excellent. Easy to ride, comfortable and IMO cool.

• Like Like x 10
  7. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Saw the Jaffa version in a dealers at the weekend, must say it made me stop in my tracks :astonished:
    Could quite fancy one of those just for a weekend cruise type of thing?

Just beautiful....great job Kawasaki,
    I’m of the age to remember the original Z1 and other stuff like the H1 750 two stroke triple and the water cooled Suzuki GT 750 “kettle “
    That was a great time to be into bikes, didn’t even have to wear a crash helmet in those days..couldn’t imagine riding a bike without one now :astonished:

Nostalgia....it ain’t what it used to be :p:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Been having problems with the new Enfield Interceptor I purchased in April it's back at the dealer's again for the third time in 5 week's decided to get shut of it
    Can't decide between a Monster 1200R or a 1100 Scrambler sport new or nearly new

10. Delivered this morning, around 75 miles or so done this afternoon. Somewhat heretical to say here, but it is a far nicer all round ride than the Supersport S.

F21F8AB2-EB03-4FFA-9BFC-0D0AD8667A4A.jpeg E939B6D7-235E-43B5-B96A-A0BD2F0A92A7.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  11. I did 120 miles today, first 50 throuthe clogged B & C roads of the south east. On the V4. It was horrible. Boiling hot, bike not running well, hard work slow speed stuff.
    Wished I was on the Z. It’s cracking for such rides and not slow by any means.
    Coming home I did fast A roads and the Duke was back on form. It’s a very naughty thing when on song. Horses for courses. I’m lucky to have the choice.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. To me it’s a potential thing....

What I mean by that is that sometimes it’s more satisfying to use 90% of the potential of your number two bike, than about 40% of the potential of the Ducati...if you see where I’m coming from :thinkingface:

Of course, given the opportunity, we’d all like to go absolutely ape-shit warp speed and ride the Dukes like our hairs on fire :astonished:but big brother is watching you and when that brown envelope drops through the door a few days later your arse falls out!! :(

Sometimes, less is more...that’s all :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Yep - long time zed fan...5th year of ownership for this one...had a gen 1 about 8 years go. Mapped, a ton of bling, and go faster/handle better stuff and still i dont want to get rid of it....if anything working out how to get some even lighter wheels on there (CF Dymags are on my list...) 20190717_193711.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. I think the only thing I missed having from the Ducati today was the quickshifter, might need to investigate what may be available in that department for the Z.

15. zx10 qs should fit - its what ive got on mine....HM Plus.

16. There were speed camera vans on the A32 and A272 earlier, running in a new bike has its uses!

17. Re my pic....the number plate is fitted...just in a very nice position...

18. Of all the Jap bikes Kawasaki have the most character (I think).
    True also that you can thrash the arse of the z without fear of a term at Queenies pleasure.
    I have Akro headers that I swap on and off depending on my mood - great sound. Like the old Yoshi’s.

19. I dunno - ive gotten up to and (clock speed) of 155....if anything i can throw the zed round more than any other of my bikes as its my daily driver...use it all the time. Never missed a beat, never broken down, always starts on the button.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Got out on it again this afternoon, I am liking this bike more and more every mile I do. The Supersport feels almost superfluous :confused:

54A0882E-33CB-4FB5-B84F-EF722E0D897B.jpeg 43074A03-AB76-4EB3-ADA8-B8D02C2D35FD.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information