1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keeps The Dust Off

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Cream_Revenge, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Evening

Anything I can wash/polish/coat my lovely black 999 with powder coated satin black wheels that stops it getting filthy as soon as I look at it. Wheels are especially bad at collecting dust/dirt/filth.

TIA

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. Post a good pic of your bike buddy and i'll try to give you recommendations....I'm a vehicle and bike detailer....

3. Paint it red ????

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. easiest way to keep it looking pristine.....don't ride it! lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Will do tomorrow. It's mainly just road dirt sticking to it and the grey grime really manking up the black

6. Like this. 120 odd mls earlier they were clean. I'd rather not clean the wheels after every ride. I just wiped that bit with my finger.[​IMG]

7. you deerty boy!!!....lol....probably the easiest way is to buy some Gyeon Wet Coat.....bike needs to be CLEAN...so once you have washed it properly....and rinsed...
    • Easy application - spray on to WET / CLEAN bike for lasting shine & protection
    • Adds hydrophobic protection, repelling water, dirt & grease
    • Safe to use on paintwork, plastic trim, metal, wheels & glass
    • Lasts up to 3 months
    Leave on for approx 3 mins ( no longer ) and RINSE bike off again with a strong jet of water....then you can dry as normal... I personally clean my bike after every ride but i am OCD...lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. I'm what you'd call a sad act and 'detail' my bikes

Honestly I find wd40 works great on wheels. Also makes them easier to clean going forward too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. What's it like on Carbon?

10. I've tried many car care products over the years and, on the whole, think it's all a lot of faff and not worth the time and investment. Here's one of the few products I can recommend:

C5 Wheel Armour | Gtechniq.com

I used it on the car and was so impressed I used it on the bike. Its application onto the wheels of the car means that even after a month or so's driving on gritted roads etc a mere power wash will very nearly clean the car wheels completely.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. it'll work on carbon...you'll have a clear coat over the carbon...you must ensure that its not on long & make sure you rinse every last trace of the product away with a strong jet of water....I used it on my XR which was covered in Carbon.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I regular use C2v3 and I've coated my wheels in C5...but as with all these coatings you must ensure that surfaces are as clean as possible to ensure correct bonding and longevity of the products....Either Panel Wipe. Spies Hecker or Bilt Hamber Cleanser Fluid....

13. C5 is not recommended for use on unlacquered rims tho...

14. Hi Rob, that Gyeon Wet Coat looks good but is it OK to allow it on to tyres and brake disks? I'm worried that getting it on these areas would affect road grip and braking efficiency

15. Wouldn't put anything on your discs mate,, let the pads do their own thing and don't shine your tyres too far near the tread just stay close to the wheel rim

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I was always careful Rick....never had any problems when I used it on my XR......I've now glass coated my wheels so they only take a stream of water and they are 95% clean.....DO NOT USE WET COAT IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT THO!

17. SORRY...meant as a reply to Stevie Tea....

18. DO NOT USE WET COAT IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT THO!
    Its Bank Holiday Rob, lol
    I'm sat here staring at mine through the pissing down rain was hoping to go out

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. PMSL....its the same here buddy....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information