1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Key's

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Eddie Cox, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Hi.
    Very happy with my Carbon Red, what a bike. The guy I got it from is in the middle of moving house and yes as a result can not lay his hand on the spare key, he has said that once he finishes unpacking he will send it on. Just in case I've ordered a couple and will just need to get them cut (I hope) but what does worry me is that it you only get 1 transponder key, can you get spares of these and get them programmed to suit?

Thanks Eddie.

2. don't know the answer to your question. The red master key is an RFID and to use it you have to hold in on the antenna and that means taking the seat off because it does not have a battery in it, so I am told, I've not done this myself. Did he give you the pin code to enable you to start it if you lose your black key?

3. Hi.
    Yes he did, I have not tried going via the code but he did show me how it works. I might give my local dealer a ring and see what they say as I want to book it in for a service.
    Thanks.

4. Dealer jobbie to get spares programmed

5. You only ever get one transponder key nowadays. As ChrisW has said, I'm afraid if you want another one, you need to speak to your dealer. I will however advise you to be sitting down when you ask the price. Andy

6. I've just had the AA out today because I hadn't set a bloody pin code....rendered the passive key redundant!

7. I have a spare transponder key cost was step but just remember you've got the PIN system as backup. If you are planning on a big tour take a spare transponder battery.

8. Eddie, as you've just got your diavel, don't make the same mistake I did, start bike, get on and ride off, 3 miles later stop to gas up...no key...doh....left it in the garage on the shelf next to where I park the bike, a serious problem if you are running on vapours miles from wherever you left the key. A keyless fuel cap was on order that night.

9. I was told by Snells that it is only possible to programme the Ducati handsfree system to accept a maximum of three codes altogether. This could be the two keys the bike comes supplied with plus one extra if you buy it.

10. Snells are very good, they know their stuff. I'd wait for your man to find the key. I got one of the key surrounds that allows a clip or key ring to be put on the key, I clip the key to the inside of my riding jacket so I can't leave it anywhere

Do Not Sell My Personal Information