1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knockhill Track Evening 5/4/19

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Wull, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Decided to take the 1299 on track, bitnof a whim as I had no intentions of doing another track day before the first race weekend on the CB500.

The missus came down in the car and brought the bare essentials whilst I rode the bike there, then back afterwards. That’ll be the last, was horrendous riding home, sore as buggery.

Anyway, back to the bike. Unbelievable, a proper handful to begin trying to get used to it, and the worry of it being the road bike so not wanting to end up arse over head. Brakes are phenomenal, and the shifter especially down the way with blipper, makes my R1 track bike feel poor.

It was a track evening open session from 18:00-20:00 which was full, and the majority of riders were out most of the time so it was very busy, a lot of traffic but lots of fun. The problem now is my intentions were to do one track evening with the bike and that was it, but now I’m wanting to do more with it......darn!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Took my 1299S on at Knockhill last year and you're right it was a handful for that track. Again same as you I was most impressed with the brakes and the blipper. I noticed that the bike didn't like changing down gear on the track using the clutch, but with the blipper it was so smooth.

• Like Like x 1
  3. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Looks good Wull... I'm going to take the 1199 to Knockhill this year. Alas, no tyre warmers, but I expect to be passed everyone anyway....:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. [​IMG]

Gave Wallace a shot of mine and headed out on his 5JJ R1 race bike, very well set up bike but after riding the 1299 it was slow. Cracking bike though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Do you know if any one was taking photographs of this event?

8. Just my mate who was up.....no official photographers that evening.

9. Did he photograph the full evening (everyone) or just you? Would be nice to see some of the pics.

10. Would have been the whole night I’d have thought, he usually posts them up on Facebook but usually weeks or months after.

I think he took 1,300 pics

I’ll ask

11. What bike were you on and I’ll ask him to look any pics out

12. Brilliant, would love to see them!

13. Black CBR600RR, road bike, RST leathers with a red hoodie. Also my mate was on a GSXR600, binned it on the hairpin he was trying to find out if anyone had any pics of the crash

14. He thinks he has some, are you on FB?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information