1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knox Jackets

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by West Cork Paul, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Has anyone got a Knox jacket, either textile or leather? If so, what are your thoughts please? Knox have a promotion online at the moment whereby if you buy the Urban Pro shirt they’ll throw in a textile jacket for an extra £60 or a leather jacket for an extra £90. Thus £250 for the shirt and a textile jacket, or £300 for the shirt and a leather jacket.

As I was going to get the shirt anyway I’m now tempted by the offer but have no direct experience with their jackets.

TIA

2. Have the Gloves and a chest protector and can’t fault them, though looking at the Jackets I can see why there trying to get rid of them. Ive walked past better looking coats in skips.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. upload_2019-12-28_12-37-49.png

???

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I've been looking at the Urbane Pro or Zephyr Pro, with a view to being able to wear it under either a wax or other similarly retro looking jacket for use on the Sunbeam. I'd be interested as to how you get on if you do order one.

5. I’ll let you know. I’ll probably get the Logan in black or the Ford leather.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have the UrbanPro, Summer I just throw a big Sweatshirt or shirt just to outrage the safety brigade. I’m not tempted to buy Knox over garments as they just don’t appeal to me.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. I have the Knox Leonard jacket which I wear with the Urbane Pro undershirt. I like it. The layering idea works. And it means I can wear it on my commute to the office and arrive reasonably smart and without looking too much like a biker, and I can wear it if I walk out to lunch (without the undershirt) so I’m a big fan of the versatility. Bought direct from Knox and their service is great. Am not affiliated!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. I have the zephyr pro summer jacket which I adore , best on days from about 25c plus, otherwise I am in my Rukka. It’s easily transported in my roll bag when going to hotter European areas, then use the Zephyr in hotter areas. Very well made item. I have put my Hideout armour in it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. I did this very thing last year.
    I got the Urbane Pro as in very warm weather it can be used as a jacket on it's own. Useful if commuting or just on a relaxed ride.
    Also means you can remove the armour from any leather or textile jacket you wear over the top of it. Great on a Euro tour on a hot day.

Great piece of kit and very highly recommended

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. How do you find the fit is under a leather jacket? One concern is it being a bit of a squeeze.

11. You need to have a jacket with a bit of room in it.

12. Well, I ordered the Urbane Pro shirt and the Oulton jacket. Ordered them on 1st Jan, Knox weren't back at work until Thurs 2nd Jan and I received the goods on Mon 6th Jan. A pretty damn good service considering I live in Ireland. I've not had their stuff before but it's good quality kit, very well made:upyeah:.

Just one small issue:(

I ordered XL. According to their sizing guide XL = 44-46" chest. I measured myself with a tape measure before ordering, 43" exhaled, 45" inhaled. So they're now on their way back for a 2XL:confused:. If you're thinking of getting some stuff and can't try it on in a shop go a size up.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Off topic, but I ordered some whey powder at 22.40 on Monday from My Protein, and it turned up yesterday lunch time.

Sorry, back to jackets - I've had a few Knox base layers and been happy with them. Going to have a ride up to Cockermouth some time as I want some new gloves.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information