1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kriega Us Drypacks Stacked Vs Sw Motech Blaze Panniers?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by dubcat, May 25, 2019.

1. Kriega US drypacks stacked vs SW motech blaze panniers? The Kriegas would be 2 20’s and a 10 maybe.

What would you prefer for a bike tour on a monster?

2. 50 litres of space? How long are you going for? :bucktooth:

3. Personally I’d go the blaze, I’ve used Kriega but find the blaze more convenient.
    Used my blaze on 939sp and 899, fitting brackets are available to buy separately so the panniers didn’t go to waste when I sold my 899.
    Kriega is proper good stuff too

#3 Andy800, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1

4. Perhaps travelling with a female lady?... Hattie’s idea of packing light is not actually bringing furniture.

5. Have done several 2 week WDW trips on a 696 monster with 1 x US 20 and 2 x US 10 Kriegas. I've ended up in the launderette washing socks, undies & t-shirts halfway through the trip, but reckon this luggage combo worked better than a US 30 with a US 20 on top (borrowed from the other half for last year's WDW) as it was more stable on the pillion seat.

6. Kriega for me, rather than mount it to the pillion seat use the straps supplied to mount to the frame rails, makes it a lot more stable.
    That's if you have access to the rails of course.

IMG_20180507_105952.jpg

7. Most Ive taken is a US10+20. I usually tour alps with just a US10. I don't even take a rucksack. I travel light.

Stuff can be washed in sinks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ok so 10+20 Kriegas or the blaze is the choice then.

9. Depends on the bike and what your carrying, Kriega stuff is great but a bit of a fiddle if 'piggybacking the packs'.

More space? ** https://www.amazon.fr/Motech-Hta-00...locphy=9040894&hvtargid=pla-83271923606&psc=1 **

** I used one of these on an S1r and it worked great, totally secure, more space than I needed but doesnt need to be filled up with stuff to work (up to 60litres I think!)
    Soft panniers?? Never. Hate them and never had good results with them.

10. I actually meant a 20 and 2 10’a but I’ve been fat shamed in to a 10 and a 20 :) I’m still in two minds between that and the blaze.

11. Thing is the 20s will compact down if part filled, but you cant make a 10 a 20!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Touring with a tent and all the sundries, I'd prefer hard luggage and lots of it, possibly a support van too if wimmin comes along :rolleyes:.

If it's more of a single bloke touring hotel/b&b etc then a tank bag and top box have always been enough. Blokes find it easier to wear the same clothes for ages whilst convincing themselves they do not honk ;).

Might be worth reading the touring section for hints and tips https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/forums/touring.47/

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information