1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ktm Strikes Again..

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Gimlet, Jan 30, 2017.

1. #1 Gimlet, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  2. In racing, the bike plays a part for sure. However the organic bit behind the handle bars is far more important

Impressive though

3. OK McWilliams is a former GP rider but the other two were development test riders - though no doubt they have a racing background.
    I believe it was a wet race too. The major change for the 2017 SDR is heavily revised electronics. Up against 1299s which have some of the most sophisticated electronic aids in the business KTM will be very happy with that result.

4. Article on the superduke in bike this month went into that. Very impressive. Awesome looking bike too.

5. I actually prefer the look of the original because its orange but the new one is going to be a fabulous bike to ride. The new electronics will go down well. You can go in and customise the TC now though some say that the cornering ABS is too intrusive and is best left in supermoto mode.
    Doesn't bother me. I don't like lectrickery rider aids. I can't feel what the bike's doing so I've turned mine off.

I like the better suspension though. Might have to upgrade mine at some point.

To be fair to KTM they have listened to criticism and there are lots of little things they've improved. One minor bugbear which as far as I know only got discussed on forums, was an over-long high/low beam switch which could catch on the rider's glove when going for the clutch. I see they've redesigned that so someone's listening.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information