1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ktm Super Duke R 1290

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Wayne58, Apr 24, 2018.

?

Which Colour

Poll closed May 8, 2018.
  1. Black

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Grey/White

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. OK, went to my local dealer today, still undecided as to either adding an SDR, or trading the Multley, but anyhow, what colour do folks think, I really like both but wondered what you guys think, so which would you choose ?? Cheers
    Wayne

2017 main.jpg 2017_KTM_1290_SUPER_DUKER_black_90__le_Central_Florida_PowerSports_4.jpg 2017-KTM-1290-Super-Duke-R-static-02.jpg 2000000001.png

#1 Wayne58, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2018
  2. Not waiting for streetfighter V4?

3. No mate, I like a big V-twin, not really that interested in the V4, although have ridden the Tuono, it's a hell of a bike but preferred the KTM.

4. I was going black but up close I was really disappointed with the finish, lots of paint swirls in the light - this does seem to be common across most black cars and motorcycles these days.

I’m really happy with the white/grey scheme as the orange wheels and frame look brilliant.

It’s expensive but get a full system as part of the deal, the bike is great in standard trim but the full system takes it to another level.

Any excuse...

391C8AF6-DF28-4CB3-883A-6340E0FC615F.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  5. The options I speced were as follows

Full Akra Ti
    Track pack
    Performance pack
    Wave disk F/R
    Tail tidy
    Rear seat hump
    Powerparts front comfy chair
    Upgraded brake and clutch levers
    Carbon ignition lock cover
    A couple of billet orange bits (brake and clutch covers)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. The superdukes are lovely bikes. Nicely done

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I agree, I love a v2 too, but we are led to believe that the duc v4 has all the characteristics from a v2?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Old school:
    DSC00651.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  9. The thing is, we can all keep waiting for the next piece of sliced bread, but no one knows when its coming, and if we all kept waiting for the next great bike, we'd never get one. I have been looking at SDR's for nearly a year now, and just figured....Why not ??

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Ah, but which colour old skool Gimbo ??

11. Go for the Evotech tail tidy. I have the KTM unit, it’s a pain to clean and not quite as neat as the Evotech.

I also went for a paint protection kit, at the very least go for headlight and screen protectors.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Yip it’s nice and will be very different from riding the multi, I really like the seating position from a streetfighter ish bike, a adventure bike straight back position was not favoured by my back!

13. It's a funny bike. It looks horrible, but looks nice at the same time. Weird. :confused:

I bet they are a monster to ride. :) :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. The system is not looking very blue, was that just after fitting?

15. Might keep the Multi yet, still undecided.....

16. [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Yeah old pic. 10,000 miles ago. Its blue now. :eyes:

18. Just get one and love it, I do.

Awesome bike

19. Lampchop on the KTM forum has had his kitted out with Rottweiler airbox and mapped with PC5 and ignition model. It was in Performance Bikes I think. Its making 175 bhp at the rear wheel and 108 lb/ft torque. That's the next job for mine.
    The torque is what blows you away. It just catapults you between bends like you're flying.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Agree, just couldn't make my mind up at stealerships for colour ??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information