1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lamborghini Countach Motorbike

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Nigel Machin, Mar 5, 2018.

1. RARE LAMBORGHINI COUNTACH MOTORBIKE FAILS TO SELL AT AUCTION
    With a starting price of £42,500, lot 26 was estimated to fetch between £85,000 and £90,000

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    AN extremely rare Lamborghini motorcycle, based on the Italian manufacturer’s 25th Anniversary Countach, went to auction yesterday.

Unfortunately, as was the case when it was first launched, the 1987 Lamborghini Design 90 proved unpopular, and the hammer failed to fall.

With a starting price of £42,500, lot 26 was estimated to fetch between £85,000 and £90,000 in H&H Classic’s National Motorcycle Museum Auction but remained unsold as the auction closed.
    It’s a shame really, because it’s one of just six bikes born of a collaboration between Lamborghini and French motorcycle manufacturer Boxer. They were modelled off the 25th Anniversary Lamborghini Countach, with their streamlined fibreglass body designed to resemble the 1988 V12 supercar.

1987 Lamborghini Design 90 - 2.jpg
    [​IMG]

However, they were so unsought after even when first launched that a further 19 planned models were cancelled.

The 997cc bike that went to auction yesterday was number 2 of the extremely limited production run, boasting the frame number ‘BOXERL002’. With only 7,200kms (4,474miles) on the clocks, one owner from new and no use over the past 10 years, its condition was no doubt excellent.

Unfortunately, that failed to persuade buyers to invest, and the red rocket remained unsold.

• WTF WTF x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. Can’t see why it didn’t sell......

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. That’s been given a thorough bashing by the ugly stick!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. It looks like an old Suzuki that been thru a furnace and melted

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. It is appalling - I have vague memories of this being in magazines and thinking it looked good :joy: must have been from a better angle and in the dark :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. And with forks in your eyes :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Here's another 'Boxer' motorcycle from the same era, I'm Spartacus!!! Bit better, must have been the Lambo designers that fooked it up!
    [​IMG]

8. And 10 years on...

f4fdfaa87611eba4346d19da7131cea2.jpg

9. Black and in the dark did look a little better...

BOXERDESIGN89604.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Looks like an RF900 that got too close to the sun

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. In ‘87 there was probably a topless model draped over it to distract you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. When it comes to fully-faired Italian bikes of that era, I would prefer this one of mine. Fraction of the price, too.

20180202_102759.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Good lord!

14. Superbike mag, I think it was the case :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yellow was common :eek:

04667412-photo-lamborghini-design-90.jpg.png

16. It's still ugly whatever the colour.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. upload_2018-3-6_7-33-16.png

• WTF WTF x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  18. I was hairier deffo :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Hands up everyone who would not want to turn up at the Ace, Squires or Box Hill on one!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Me :eek: no way :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information