1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lands End To London Ride - Saturday 12th August

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by AirCon, Aug 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Please be kind with your comments; normal ribbing of me in the other threads only.
    Some very raw emotions here.
    Loads more money raised, just not loaded on to the justgiving site yet.
    https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/mopedexpresswayarmy17
    [​IMG]
    Moped Express Way Army - Ride in aid of Renal Cancer Research page
    Riding 50cc mopeds between Lands end and London for Kidney Cancer UK because we want to help fund research to find a cure
    72 %
    £720.00
    raised of £1,000 target
    by 17 supporters
    Donate

• In memory of Pat, Silvio's brother who passed last year at age 47.
    • Event: Moped Express Way Army Ride in aid of Renal Cancer Research
    Story
    We are a band of mostly mad bikers normally encountered riding superbikes around the South of England. However, we are downsizing and will be found during the middle of August on a mopedathon. Riding old 50cc mopeds (slowly) that have been put together for the adventure along the coast roads between Lands End and London. Taking us roughly 6 days.

We are taking on the challenge to raise funds for Renal cancer research. Sylvio, who is riding with us. Sadly, lost his brother Pat to renal cancer last year so this event is also in memory of Pat and to raise what ever we can to fund research to help find an effective treatment to cure this illness.

Please follow us on facebook and share our event with friends.

Many thanks in anticipation of a donation.

The crew consists of:

Silvio vitaro Honda express rider chief mechanic
    Andy Valentino - 2nd mechanic Honda express rider
    Mark Blackburn - Honda runaway rider.
    Head of fundraising and expo
    Daren Kew - Honda express rider. Head of security
    Jim Lawerence - Honda runaway rider. Chief Navigator
    Philip Thomas Honda express rider
    DJ Brandon block Honda express rider

Paul King of AirConTechnical.com as Transport support recovery vehicle.

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Shameless :mad: edit to remove the word Charity from the title..... see if I can get more people to read this thread :eyes:

#2 AirCon, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2017
  3. donated Paul. Cheers.

• Love You Love You x 1
  4. Thank you John... I'll get you a cuppa when we next meet.

5. Small bung yesterday - good luck and a great cause !

• Love You Love You x 1
  6. Thanks @drax dave .... another cuppa owed..

#6 AirCon, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2017
  7. Cough.... anyone else?

8. For some reason my justgiving is not working. Pm me your paypal and i'll gift you a tenner for beer, I mean the moped adventure :)

9. Loading the bikes ready for the drive down.... ride back...... two more yet to be delivered to my gaff, so not in picture.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. Wish I could join you - best of luck ( bump)

11. Some nutter has photo bombed your pic mate!!

12. All in the van... ready to roll tomorrow.
    That's 9 mopeds, a spare engine (with a drive wheel) and two riders plus me,... Mr Service.
    2017-08-11 16.21.40.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. that is the Dude.... minus one leg due to a Mutlistrada - Car interface that went badly wrong!

Show some love for a Fellow Ducati man and give just a few quid (a gallon of Ducati Juice?) to the cause?

[​IMG]

He works every week despite the minor set back and has given several weeks of his time to this worthy cause.

14. @AirCon fair play to him! I'm guessing it's your bro? Top man! Still looks like a nutter though.:p

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information