1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laps On Wednesday

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by bikermike, Nov 16, 2017.

1. the number of laps people did is quite interesting[1]

Crutchlow HondaP 72
    Vinales Yam 66
    Zarco YamP 65
    Rabat DucP 64
    ROssi Yam 62
    Nakagami HonP 62*
    Marquez Hon 61
    Morbidelli HonP 58
    Redding Apr 56
    Pedrosa Hon 51
    Iannone Suz 47
    P. Espar KTM 46
    Miller HonP 45
    A. Espar Apr 44
    Lorenzo Duc 39
    Smith KTM 39
    Rins Suz 38
    Petrucci DucP 36
    Dovi Duc 22
    *is listed as "GBR" on the crash.net sheet

(where P means Privateer/not factory)
    Not many ducatis up the top are there?
    Interesting how few Dovi did

We know that Cutchlow is a part-time HRC test-mule, so probably has
    lots to look at. But if you look at the two factory riders alone, Honda have put in 100+, Yamaha 120, Ducati only 61.

Obviously there are plenty of reasons why not to do laps (risk, expense, hair products expended,etc), but for the very close runners-up to put in close to half the laps of the winner doesn't look like a declaration to chase for it next season.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/results/887488/1/valencia-motogp-test-times-wednesday-final

2. Miller missed the morning after crashing on cold tyres. I'm really looking forward to seeing him on the Ducati next year; a great combination I reckon.

3. Suppose it depends what each manufacturer actually wanted to get from the test. If Ducati got what they wanted from the laps they did, why go round in circles wasting possibly big money in an unnecessary off?

The tests in the new year, perhaps especially Qatar in early March, will be more revealing of what 2018 might hold.

4. Am i right in thinking miller on the gp 16 on Monday was nearly two and a half seconds faster than Reddings fastest lap on sunday?

5. true enough, and Yamaha certainly were doing lots as they don't seem to know where they are going.

I'd still have been tempted to shove them out for a few more laps just to see what data you could get.

6. Tempting to say Yamaha are just going round in circles :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Testing is testing. Always something to learn

8. Don’t tell me, tell Ducati...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information