1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Larger Breather Box Ducati

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Boukekoppejan, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Hi guys,

how are you all? I hope you all save and healthy!

I have a small problem with my bike, and I think I need a larger breather box solution. I think there is no oem solution for this because I found only for a 999rs engines. The problem is that oil is coming out of the airbox and Carter ventilation how do you call this blow-by or something?

thanks

2. What do you have at the moment? Do you not have a one way reed valve between the crank case and the outbox?
    Why you have a lot of crankcase pressure, and why is it that high its overcoming the airbox pressure?

have you tried them putting the dyno just back to above sea level?;)

3. Just the oem carter ventilation and that is a one way valve

7F5EC870-0D90-4D24-A09A-A19AA2090A14.jpeg

It is because i have high pressure pistons

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. i have exactly the same pistons and dont have the problem, and in any case they are high comp above the piston crown not below.....is there any gubbins inside that crank valve..i know some engine builders will take it out to elevate crankcase pressure and or resistance, though it has to go somewhere........

5. if the engine is ok i would come from that valve to a catch tank some where mounted to the side of the bike ( like the 999RS one, and the 998RS one which is under the seat) and then route back up to the airbox with a one way valve somewhere further away from the engine Effectively increasing the size of the crankcase area...

6. @DjCalix had a 999rs breather for sale a while ago.

7. There you go .. see if there’s a video about it?
    54970C5A-9F41-446B-9A04-257284F51369.jpeg

8. Didn't you have this problem before?

Have you got a picture of the inside of the valve?

How much oil in the airbox are you getting?

9. what do you mean with gubbins?

10. yeah I think the engine is ok because it is completly rebuild so that must be fine I think. If want the rs solution then I need a monoframe I thought so?

11. yeah I had this before but it was complete gone when I replaced the breather on the crankcase but now the valve is not broken so it must be something else

12. #13 Boukekoppejan, Apr 26, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  13. The bits inside are they still there or been removed

14. might be worth getting in touch with him but can’t guarantee his sexual preferences though.

15. oh shit!!! Sorry! :oops::oops::oops:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Changed

• Like Like x 1
  17. Only having a laugh mate. All good! :upyeah:

18. I celebrate that sort of thing..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information