1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest Scam Phishing Emails

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Hyperextended, Nov 21, 2018.

1. This one from touratech uk looked genuine as the email header was masked.

2CCC656B-F2BF-41D3-B3F7-2BF259698CD0.png

36A64F31-6D24-46AB-831B-20F3964705DE.jpeg

2. Yep. Scam written all over it

Nothing is that cheap from Touratech..

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I had the same - called Touratech 3 times to let them know - no answer - so left them my number and a voice mail... did not hear back... I guess they have been on phone all day dealing with it and clients..

4. I had the same email too.
    The message links and headings seemed to be connected to a my.sharepoint.com account and website address in Australia, but could be redirected.
    I haven't been able to get through to Touratech UK, but have sent them the information I have and informed "mailchimp" who seemed to have been involved in the transmission of the message.
    The message link and the invoice zip file appear to have been taken down earlier today.
    I hope Touratech UK has protected our more sensitive data more effectively!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. An update to the above information. First a message from Touratech and second a message from the email handling company.

Touratech.

We're Sorry
    Good Afternoon,

As we’re sure many of you are aware, there has been a spam email sent to our mailing list, claiming to be from Touratech UK, requesting funds. Firstly, we’d like to confirm that if you did receive this email then please DELETE it and do not click on any links within it. If you did not receive this email, then there is no further action required.

Secondly, we’d like to pass on our sincerest apologies for any distress, inconvenience or confusion that this has caused anyone. It seems that our email platform has been compromised, preventing us access to it to resolve the matter sooner. We have not been able to access the system since the issue on Wednesday 21st November. We apologise for this delay in communication.

Please be rest assured that we DO NOT hold any personal data of any customers on this database, and we take your data very seriously. You were on the mailing list because you may have previously subscribed to Touratech UK’s newsletters or email updates. You may, of course, unsubscribe from this list and you will immediately be removed.

The whole team have been, and continue to investigate this issue as an absolute top priority with our IT departments. We are aware of the same issue affecting other businesses and their customers and we have been in contact with our mailing platform provider.

If you have had any problems regarding getting in touch with Touratech UK, please be aware that we take this very seriously and again apologise for this. We have had an extremely large quantity of phone calls and do apologise if you haven't been contacted back. If you have any further issues and wish to talk to a member of the team, then please call us during normal office hours at 01639 841765 and our staff will be happy to assist.

Sincere Apologies
    The Team at Touratech UK

Mailchimp

Hello Tom,

Thank you for reporting this to the Mailchimp Abuse Desk.

We certainly understand the frustration that comes along with receiving unsolicited bulk email messages. As an email service provider, we hold a strict stance against unsolicited mail and take spam complaints very seriously.

The information you provided has allowed us to locate the account in question, and our investigation is already underway. We truly appreciate your help.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know. Have a good day!

6. Further Update from Touratech

Dear Valued Touratech Customer.

As a Member of our mailing list you may have received an unwanted email last week, requesting to pay an invoice.
    This mail was not sent by or on behalf of Touratech.

A few customers have been unhappy with our response, however in order to appropriately ascertain what was happening and in fact get back into a position
    of knowing any information we gave or sent out was both correct and safe, we unfortunately could not risk using our mail systems.

We apologise if this has caused any concern.

Furthermore, in order to be completely transparent with our customers, we have provided below additional information with relation to the issue.

What we know

Our Mail Chimp account was compromised.
    An email was sent out with a link to a possible nasty file.

What we did

We moved the mail accounts out of mail Chimp and took further measures to secure your information.
    Furthermore, we changed every password throughout the system as a precaution.

What was compromised

The database only consisted of a subscriber’s name and email address.
    Some records only consisted of an email address.

What should you do now?

The mail itself seemed to be harmless but contained a questionable link.
    Touratech were not the only ones affected by this scam email (there were a number of restaurants and Guest houses who were subject to exactly the same scam containing the same email content) Therefore, the link was rendered useless.

If you did receive the mail..
    and were worried that you may be infected, please scan your device with an antivirus.
    Alternatively, you can head over to
    https://www.eset.com/uk/home/online-scanner/

Again, we are sorry for the late response.

We really appreciate your patience on this, and would like to reiterate that we did not lose any personal data belonging to Touratech customers.

We sought legal advice and were advised that the breach needs no further action because of the extent of the data exposed.

Good will gesture..
    As a sorry we are offering you 5% off your next order* (*only valid until Midnight Sunday 9th December 2019)

USE CODE: GESTURE05

Kind regards.
    Nick
    [email protected]
    +44(0) 1639 841765

Do Not Sell My Personal Information