1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Laverda 3c

Discussion in 'Other Bikes For Sale' started by doggy, Apr 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My dad has recently just spent a small fortune on having his Laverda 3C recommisioned .
    At 73 he's decided it's not for him anymore .
    Here's some pics and a link to the advert . Thanks .
    https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1331695

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 28
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Proper looking bike!

Lovely condition too.

Good luck with your sale

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Looks striking in that colour scheme.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wow

• Like Like x 1
  5. Good photos (with no bins) and not stupid money for something very desirable. If I had my driving license back and some compensation money, then I would be interested.

But they were beasts in their day and can understand why your Father is selling.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Back when bikes were strictly for real men only. Imagine trying to stop the thing when it had built up a head of steam or dive bomb it into a corner!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lovely

Good luck with your sale.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Borrow the money in the short term and then pay it back when you get your.......

Oh wait a minute I think we’ve been here before!

:)

#8 Carr01, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. I've no guarantee of getting anything and so I'm not borrowing against it. The whole compensation thing is depressing enough (as it is designed to be) and I'll wait until money is in my bank account. I may miss a classic coming up for sale but I wouldn't of been in the market anyway! And the DVLA haven't finished punishing me, by a long way. I specifically asked if I did this driving assessment, they want me to do, would mean getting my license back with ALL of the categories - specifically motorcycles. The replied and said that they are not saying as it depends on the finding of the driving assessment. I fully expect them to put up more hurdles to jump through to get my motorcycle categories reinstated coz they are being so reticent about restoring all of my license categories. They are out for revenge in a big way! I think that they are p1ssed that the other driver got points but I never got anything. On top of that, Swansea and the DVLA got hit quite bad badly by covid. Somebody has to take the rap for that!

10. Nice bike and more affordable than a Jota. Got to train your brain for the right foot gear change though !

• Like Like x 1
  11. There's quite a few really nice Laverdas on Car & Classic right now and your Dad's bike looks like one of them. Compared to the overpriced Jotas on EBay that looks like a very fair price.
    I've always had a soft spot for 3Cs. There's an earlier version which a drum front which really looks the part.

I've had two triples (one 180° and one 120°) and a 750 and preferred the 750 to ride but all are nice.

Like this.. 1972-laverda-750-sf-606b2ceede521.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. 24188679-7179-41D4-ACE7-CD133A7EEF2E.jpeg Here’s mine. Owned it 30 years now b

• Like Like x 5
  13. Nice bike!

Without wishing to highjack this thread too much, all I'll say is I completely understand why you've kept it for so long.

• Love You Love You x 1
  14. That looks a really nice 3c in original spec, and not expensive at that price. They remain well undervalued for some reason.

• Like Like x 1
  15. It was picked up today by its new custodian. Sold for 10,200 which I thought was cheap, but dad was happy enough with the outcome.

16. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information