1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Le Mans 24

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by XH558, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Anybody watching:thinkingface:
    We made the pilgrimage a couple of times back in 1989/1991 what a fantastic experience,this is when the Sauber Mercedes/Mazda won respectively in those years.The downside for me as a Porsche fan,the Pink Porsche 962c had a radiator problem at 4/5am and that was that.Jenson Button and Fernando Alonso are there this year so should be good entertainment.Toyota will take the top step this year as no Porsche/Audi

2. Used to often, late 80's early 90's and then again 2000-2005, camping in the middle of the track, no sleep !
    Was booked to go to the classic lemans this year first weekend of July but due to serious family illness not going. I love the classic racing more now and would love to go to the Monaco F1 classic

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sorry to hear about the family illness,,,as we get older we apprieciate the finer things in Life:upyeah:

4. An important race for Alonso.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Let's hope he can pull it off:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 3rd year on the run a planned weekend trip to my first Le Mans has been scuppered by family stuff like holidays, weddings, birthdays... Not a car racing fan really, but I’m told the atmosphere is worth going for

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. It's an impressive set up well worth the trip:upyeah:

8. Before they finish first they've first to finish... 23 hours and 57 minutes *wince*

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I thought it was t on until Sat? It was qualifying again last night

10. Yes:upyeah:

11. I agree with you... but they have been trying at the top level for many years now so it has to be their year:thinkingface:

12. Thanks... it slipped out. I'm not the type to share stuff like this online...you are right we are appreciating each day and the smaller things, like family breakfasts together.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hope it all comes good Mr Pink.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. and Alonso for pole:upyeah:

15. Alonso's Toyota in front at the minute let's hope he can win:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I had forgotten how mesmerising it is watching the cars at night..... (yawn) and how difficult it is to explain how BIG the track is to anyone who hasn't been.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Congrats Alonso/team mates and the Car:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. So that means Alonso won't be driving the Macca F1 in Monaco next year, so he can try for the Ind 500 again. Though he might be switching series to Indycars at the end of this season in F1 with a new Macca Indy team.

19. The pro gte race I watched this morning was good between 2nd and 3rd. Although the Porsche driver was driving terribly dangerously, amazed no sanctions for weaving (illegal) and running the guy off track towards Armco. Made Marquez load like brad smith for track manners!

20. It was a good battle !!!!!!
    What about the porsches in the 70's colours, one pink with the butchers cuts, the other rothmans .... very cool.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information