1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Le Mans And Mugelo Gp Rounds

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by chizel, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Howdy folks!
    I'm looking to do these rounds. Who else is going? Where is best places to stay and stands to watch from? Just had a quick look and I might struggle with stand tickets... any advice greatly appreciated !

2. Your mans? Are you coming out of the closet Chiz?

3. Hmmm.... is my phn trying to tell me something?

4. No.......but your boyfriend is!

5. Just coz my boyfriend is gay does not mean I am....

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. have you tried tickets for the Ducati grandstands.....

7. Mugello - Poggio Secco stand
    Le Mans - was spoilt there in a hospitality box over pit lane and access to the start/finish stand

• Like Like x 1
  8. Both get really busy but Mugello is worse so if you can get in a stand it's the best option. I was perched high up on a bank in the blazing sun all day and couldn't move or would have lost my spot.

I walked round at Le mans and watched from various corners but it was packed when I went.

• Like Like x 1
  9. If you are thinking about accommodation near Mugello it would be a good idea to 'attempt' to book somewhere right now. I found it impossible when trying to find somewhere reasonably near to the track last year- all booked up a long time in advance, and there are not that many places in that area.
    I found somewhere in Florence for 18 Euros/night with breakfast, and then drove up to Mugello early in the morning. The place was a mix of dormitory and separate rooms, a old grand ex Palace like building, set in huge grounds, very unusual. Very clean and well run. Cosmopolitan, interesting clientele, a sort of travelers budget hang out. Not to everybody taste ,but I think you would love it. I will look up the details if you are interested.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/it/os...4c6c43c1472a00b2;type=total;ucfs=1&#hotelTmpl

#9 CRYSTALJOHN, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The couple of sites I have looked at so far show all stands booked out. For le mans at least... gunna have a serious look tomorrow. . Today is cocktails at the country club

11. I plan to be in Italy on 1-2 June, but not at Mugello since I'll be in Terni on 1/6 and in Torri in Sabina on 2/6. Sorry, this is totally irrelevant to your thread @chizel .

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Having been to Mugello twice I can definitely recommend getting a centrale silver stand pass. You can view both the start and the back section clearly from it, some of the rest with binoculars, theres a big tele, and you can do a circuit invasion from there :)
    Its also covered which is handy when you're out in 30c for 6 hours.
    We stayed in Scarperia in an air bnb for cheap. Great vibe in town, and a 1km walk to the circuit.
    Its not cheap.... but it is worth it. The atmosphere is fantastic. Been twice, and I'll be back again.

13. Great stuff. Will check it out. Thanks

14. ok... global tickets seem to have plenty of stand tickets still available...
    silver biondetti for £322 for the 3 days
    poggio secco for £215
    which one?
    for le mans im thinking t11 privilege £189
    any thoughts?

15. Ducati stand at Mugello is £160 I think

16. on the link @andyb posted (ducati site) its 210 euros and doesn't included the friday... also not sure which stand it is...

17. its the same stand it is every year...

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Correntaio is the Ducati stand.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I'm doing Brno (inc test day) and Austrian GP back to back so any and all advice welcome :upyeah::)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information