1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leak From Tank On 900ss

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by James Saligari, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Hi

I have just noticed that I have fuel leak from where the power cables to the pump enter the underside of the tank. I have checked and its not leaking from the nut and I assume it is leaking halfway along the black tube. Does anyone have advice on this and where I can get a petrol resistant putty to pack and seal that hole.
    Thanks

IMG_7423.jpg

IMG_7425.jpg

IMG_7424.jpg

IMG_7427.jpg

2. My old 900ss did the same, something to do with water ingress and it being heavier that petrol. it’s quite a common fault, which I had repaired at the dealers.
    Riding the 20 odd miles with petrol dripping on the hot cylinder head was an experience!

3. JB weld (water) about £6 on E Bay but will set like concrete but is petrol and ethanol resistant (allegedly).

4. Thanks

5. Something you don't need!!! Thanks

6. POR Patch is the real deal. I wouldn't use JB weld unless I was stopping a leak just to get home. Its not cheap at £20 a tube, but it works. I have used myself and throughly recommend it.

Tank repair people use it and offer three year warranty...

7. Thanks, it looks like it will sort my problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. A few quick tips:,
    Avoid getting it on your hands as its hard to get off!
    It takes a few days to fully harden and ends up tough as steel.
    Smooth the surfaces of the filler to avoid extra hardwork sanding. You can also smooth it out after a few hours, once a thick surface skin has hardened.

Goodluck.

9. Thanks for the advice. Have a great day.

10. @Carr01 I like the cavalier approach don't you....:thinkingface:

11. I had the same problem with my ss wasn't sure what would be a good repair that I would be confident with ended up buying a new sender ouch around £130 if I remember
    but no more leak though

Do Not Sell My Personal Information