1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaky Fuel Pump On 1st Gen Hyper

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Neeps, Feb 4, 2018.

1. I've had my hyper tucked away in my garage since the start of November and just recently I've noticed that it's been leaking fuel out of the fuel pump (no more than 5ml per day so not too bad), it appears that the fuel pump flange gasket has gone bad hence causing the leak. Does anyone know if this is a common issue with all Hypermotards?

I decided to attempt draining the fuel out of the tank by dissconecting the hoses from the pump and hooking the pump up to a 12V battery, however the quick disconnect fittings would not budge. I'm not sure wether the O-rings have swollen or if I'm just not pulling hard enough (I am pushing in the side parts too). Has anyone else experienced issues with these fitting's before?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated, cheers!

2. Fuel pump oring and filter should really be changed at service (or every other serivce) so Rich tells me at Louigi moto's (i did mine last oil change) not a hard job but the oring is about 30 quid from recollection....

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. if your in that situation the best option is to lift the tank - previous experience and petrol everywhere its definately easier plus youve got more room to get the pump out as you can turn the tank upside down...

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. I've had a look and Exige sells the O-rings for only £17 a piece, cheers for the advice! :upyeah:

5. As and when you get the pump off, run a straight edge across the mounting flange. Seen a couple distort across there and a new o-ring won't seal it.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information