1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leangp- Motorcycle Simulator On Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Nigel Machin, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Arcade style bike controllers need some kind of throttle/brake responsive gyroscope to stand the bike up etc.

2. His mums gonna be so pissed off when she’s running the vac in to that!

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Im guessing for what it will cost i could get an old bike have "actual fun" instead of "virtual fun"...

4. When I broke my back I spent 3 months in a brace that went neck to arse. After 2 weeks learning how to wipe my arse, sleep in a new weird position, and the feeling returning to the left side of my genitalia (sorry), I rode my bike once around the block, brace and all, and once safely home bollocked myself for being an idiot (2 weeks rest a healed burst vertebra doth not make), dug out the old PS2 and ordered a copy of Tourist Trophy.

I spent A LOT of hours on this game. Wife (pregnant) went to work, child went to nursery, I played motorbikes. Pretty similar to how it went before to be fair only my fun was now virtual. Cruising down the Amalfi coast, customised rider and outfit on a photoshoot run, the level of detail is stunning for the period. If they'd had a gyroscopic simulator I'd have bought one.

The game was as therapeutic as it was destructive, without a ride on controller you can rest a beer and a big bag of crisps in you lap and holy cow if a broken back doesn't feel a whole load better after a few beers!!!!

#5 "Its_just_a_ride", Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  5. My comment wasn't about the game but about the actual bike thingy....I'm all for computer games....just not a huge plastic bike in your living room...

6. Agree completely, the person that makes one with a gyro though, I'd be properly interested, I want to twist the throttle and have the bike stand back up. And some kind of straps to hold me on without feet on the floor. And maybe a turbo fan for the wind.

7. Issue is, physics keeps you pressed into the bike at big lean.

Ever tried one of these lean angle bikes out? You basically try and get on but want to fall off onto the floor because that’s where gravity wants you... that is without speed.

Lean the bike over that far in game and you’ll be on your arse.

5D8A3D44-CA0D-4FEA-9100-6A1EF9736CEE.jpeg

8. Tried leaning my dad's bike whilst on centre stand in the garden when I was 5. Didn't end well.

Similar noises I expect to those I made when my little lad put 'petrol' in the exhaust. Whilst holding a running hose pipe.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. Doh! My cousin cleaned his dad’s bike and used WD40 all over the tyres :joy:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information