1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leathers After 4 Years

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Stef, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Hi everyone! After 4 years I decided to go back to a motorbike, I was missing it too much. I also decided to take my "old" leathers out. It's a Berik suit and an Arlen Ness jacket.
    They've been stored properly, but before wearing something that's been stored for 4 years, I'd like to make sure it's properly clean (and that the leathers are in good condition).

I would like to know: what do you suggest to clean/disinfect/restore them? Any products/procedures? I'm also happy to send them to a cleaning service, if the price is reasonable ;)

Thank you so much everyone!
    Ride safe

2. Seen at shows and on sbs you can buy care/cleaning kits for leathers

To be honest I use car leather seat cleaner and nourisher lol

3. Haha! Thanks for the advice. Have you ever tried sending them to a dry cleaning service? Does it work?
    Thanks

4. I use Renapur leather balsam.

5. I use a Bosch 1200 on a fast spin, then sling them over a chair in front of an open fire ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Index
    Is the chap I use for fettling my leathers, and I usually by a "spring clean" on the way through. He may not be taking on business at the moment, but there's a section on cleaning on the "About leather" page.

7. +1 Renapur :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. You're lucky to be able to get into your leathers after 4 years - I can't after 4 winter months :(

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dr leather wipes are good. They are just like baby wipes but designed for leather car seats. Work wonders. They are quick and easy for a wipe down after a ride.

10. If you want to condition them then neatsfoot oil as you want to get them supple.
    Once done keep on top with renapur which will add a small amount of water repellency.

Gold Label Neatsfoot Oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information