1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Led Indicator Help Needed

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Turbo, May 1, 2018.

1. Wiring, sadly, confuses my tiny little brain. I'm pretty good with most things mechanical, but the dark art of electricity eludes me. I have just swapped over a set of DP rear LED indicators from one 1100 Hyp to another and swapped the original set back onto the one that had the LED rear set. Now I have one bike without working rear indicators - the one that now has the original rear indicators fitted again, and the other bike - the one now with the LED rears only has one rear indicator flashing.
    Now, I've checked the obvious: all the wiring is connected as it should be, but I'm clearly missing something. I've checked through the Ducati workshop manual at the wiring diagrams and I can't find the location of the indicator relay to check its working as it should. The front indicators on one bike are flashing rapidly, but are very dim. This is the bike that now has the originals fitted again.
    Now I'm a little stumped. Any ideas folks? Thanks

2. If you've got an evo sp 1100 you need resistors in line on the rear indicators...one for each side.

3. Ah, why does the Evo need resistors?

4. Yep...same as the sp. For some inexplicable reason on the old s there was a toggle in the clocks for led indicators....really handy....so they took it out on the 2nd gen...

5. So, on the 1100S I can toggle off the LED rear indicators to make the standard indicators work?

6. Yep....its in the service menu...I had an s but it came with the led indicators so I never went into the menus but, apparently its in there...

7. am I right in thinking that the standard front hand guards have LED indicator bulbs?

8. Yep. You are...you still need the resistors for the rear though...

9. Thanks. You've been a great help. I'll check the 1100s manual tomorrow to see if I can toggle the rear indicators back to standard bulbs. Fingers crossed ;)
    Cheers, Matt

10. No prob...go google for it ...its in the hidden service menu.

11. Remember for LED's you need to have + and - the right way whereas you don't with normal bulbs

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Cool. Thanks

13. Tried this on the 1100s and it worked a treat! Now have flashing rear stock indicators. Cheers

14. Just read this thread as I’ve got working indicators on my 1100s, but no dashboard warning light? On turning on ignition the green indicator light illuminates, so I know it works, but when indicating I get nothing?
    It has Rizoma rear indicators and mirror mounted led fronts.
    Is the dash issue likely to be due to the aforementioned switch?
    If not, any ideas how to fix it?

Goose

15. Yep - find the hidden setting in the menu....switch it on - that should do the trick.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Read the thread, found the menu' but no alternative on lamp setting and still no dash light?

17. You have to go into the hidden service menu...

• Like Like x 1
  18. I held down A and turned on the ignition, scrolled through the settings to SET indic and then held down B for 3 secs, but no other options appeared?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information