1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Led Indicators

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by David Hales, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Hi if you fit led indicators, is there a relay swap?, of do you have to fit the resistors?

2. Really don't understand why they don't come with built in resistance

• Like Like x 1
  3. If you have to fit the resistors then you are not getting the full use from LEDs. The LEDs use a minute amount of power and so generate a minute amount of heat. Fit resistors and you use the same power, and generate as much heat, as conventional bulbs.
    Older bikes with a flasher unit should just need that changing to an electronic one (£3 from ebay). Some Ducatis have a hidden menu that changes the indicator option from normal to LED.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. some Led lights come with built in resistors...I have read somewhere that the front indicators are a real pain in the arse to replace ? maybe someone knows better? hence why I posted the thread regarding the smoked lenses below,
    BTW i once fitted LED lights without resistors to a previous and the blinked really really fast

• Like Like x 1
  5. some do....

6. I think the Ducati Performance indicators come with built in resistors, but check out the price of them. If you can find any..

7. I've seen reviews for led indicators advertised as not needing resistors etc but the reviews say they still flash too fast.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hi,
    I’ve installed led indicators on my 996. I purchased the said relay from eBay, however there is no flashing at all now??
    Any ideas??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information