1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Corner Light

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Vitor, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Hello guys! I recently bought a 2017 Enduro 1200, on a ride with a friend he noticed in the mirror that every time I make a left turn, the bike turns on the high beam on the left, if it does the right turn it doesn't.
    My friend has a 2015 1200S multistrada and doesn't do this.
    This is normal?
    Sorry, for my English

2. Same bike as mine. Its fitted with cornering lights. Definitely works on left hand bends can't say I've noticed on right handers. Dont have the bike today but I'll check the next time I'm out.

3. If you have the LED lights it's probably the cornering lights

4. Yeah, that is definitely not right !

My money is on the headlight. If it were the switch I would expect both to flicker.
    I think the headlight is can bus controlled, so there isnt a switched feed as such for high beam, just a can bus command.

Can you reproduce the problem with the bike stationary by turning the handlebars, leaning the bike over, or moving the cables around the head-stock about ?

5. That blink only appears in the video, in fact the light goes on and off when the motorcycle is right and only do in moviment.

#5 Vitor, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  6. ok. Still sounds like an internal headlight fault to me.

You could first do all the obvious things like checking the wiring to handlebar controls and headlight, giving it a wiggle to see if you can get it to happen stationary, turn the bars, lean the bike, etc as I said above. It might be the wiring is a bit tight and turning one way just pulls on it a bit.
    Does it do it on perfectly smooth surfaces too ?

The bike should still be in manufacturers warranty (or maybe just outside depending when it was registered?), so I would contact your dealer and see what they say about a warranty claim for a replacement.

7. Only do in moviment, i turn the bar, lean the bike, pull the wires, nothing!
    I have to go to the dealer, no warantty

8. I had a similar blinking light issue but with tail light.
    Tracked the issue down to a faulty pin connection in the tail light plug.
    Possibly, one of the pins in headlight connecting plug has been dislodged(pulled/pushed out)
    It was that simple on my bike.

Good luck.!

9. Can confirm the cornering lights work both right & left side on my 2017 1200s.

10. You definitely have s problem with headlight. Dealer call.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information