1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Left Standing

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Gary 916sp, Jan 11, 2019.

1. hi all
    Haven’t started my 916sp for two years did have new oil and fuel filter 2 years ago I know belts will need doing but what about oil and fuel filter .
    Also should I get all 4 injectors cleaned properly did move real wheel round in gear about every 4 months too move belts as they were only 2 years old as well
    All feedback greatly appreciated

2. Not saying it’s good advice.

But I’d just check the oil and start it. If I know how its stored and happy with when the belts were last done.

But then my tools of choice are hammer and tape :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I’d just start it...after charging the battery.
    Left my 916SPS for over a year and didn’t do anything apart from charging the battery and it was fine.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Why the two years sabbatical period:thinkingface:

5. Just busy with other things and work with no spare time but want it back on the rd this summer

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. May be take the belt covers off, see if you can turn by hand and make sure the belts don’t look misshapen?

7. Oil doesn't "go off" but degrades with use. Total miles travelled is important not time. I'd be happy to run the belts for a bit longer provided they are kevlar.

8. I'd be happy checking the belts and starting it up myself but If its going back on the road, then just replace the belts for peace of mind and then start her up, give the rest of the bike a good check over and away you go.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. I’d drop the oil personally

10. I'd change the oil, brake fluid and fuel. :thinkingface: I'd be surprised if the injectors needed anything doing.

Just had my 1098R in for a service after exactly 2 years. It's done 5 miles in that time (used other bikes) and had the belts done at the last service. I had the oil changed and that's it. I told them to leave the belts.

11. Kevlar belts? They would snap in our application :thinkingface: besides, no one makes them for Ducati's (thankfully) :worried:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fuel filter replacement is a bit of a palaver. Schedule is every 3000 miles. If you decide to do it, you may as well replace the in-tank fuel lines and main flange o-ring while you're at it.

13. What colour tape?

14. Whatever is to hand, but the one of choice is black :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. get yourself booked on the hydraulics course at National Fluid Centre, Worksop...trust me, changing the oil would be your first port if call

Do Not Sell My Personal Information