1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Legal Or Dangerous-conclusion

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Naughtyboy, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Last week I posted this,a pub landlord took it upon himself to put this up. 788AC4E9-7BA3-4627-86C1-4704F48F632C.jpeg FD82C707-BB1E-43BA-B1F2-E417E8098971.jpeg A week later 35081FE8-4648-44A3-A300-3C36AE88A387.jpeg 35081FE8-4648-44A3-A300-3C36AE88A387.jpeg my point was is it legal or dangerous. I emailed Kent police,they told me it has now been removed and the landlord did not have the right to use the police as a traffic calming method,thus causing a danger to other road users causing them to react in an unsafe manner,(accident). I called the hotel-pub directly and the landlord wouldn’t speak to. The manager did,I couldn’t believe what he said. The reason the landlord did it was he was pissed off with bikers going past his customers don’t want to sit outside

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. The hell of other people……..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I couldn’t believe it was just aimed at bikers

4. I can, this is exactly why the Police are investing £677,000 along the A272/A32 Meon Valley to target just that, speeding bikes with illegal exhausts.

5. I hope the police lent on the bugger hard -if you know what I mean...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I remember you got a bit of a pasting for that post from some members here. It did at best, seem like questionable behaviour from the landlord.
    Glad you got a resolution

• Like Like x 2
  7. It’s probably aimed at loud exhausts on cars too not just motorcycles, I run a standard can these days which for me is plenty load enough.

I can do without the hassle of being stopped or fined for a loud exhaust as I know I’d then be also fined for my undersized letters on my number plate too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. What about the cars then

9. Yes I know ,it did open a can of worms,but at the end of the day it was about was it safe,it turns out he didn’t like bikes,move the seat and tables to the back.job done

10. I hope his beer goes of ,and he gets the s—ts

• Like Like x 2
  11. Agree with that

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Obviously one mans loud pipes might be another's insanely loud annoying pipes. I don't get the attraction of really loud exhausts, and I don't have them on my own bikes. I use the baffles too which is perhaps a shock horror to some. It always makes me wonder when I watch people with really loud bikes putting in their ear buds before riding away from meeting places. These riders create the sound, but don't want the nuisance of it themselves -or am I missing something?

I can't say I've been much bothered by this personally but I do live on a quiet cul de sac.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I’ve had to buy earbuds recently but only for the wind noise as the new Caberg was a mistake compared to my previous AGVs That’s a lesson learned!
    It’s certainly not the bike as the SuperSport’s Akra’s are tame compared to the 1098’s glorious Termis

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. A good resolution. It’s the HD’s.

We were sat outside the pub earlier, and out of all the bikes that went past with loud ish pipes, the Harley’s were the most obnoxious. And a twat with an Audi RS3 who thought he was the dogs bollocks, popping and banging as he went up the road.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. I don’t think so, if you knew the road it’s like a bloody TT, the cafe car park is full all weekend with bikes coming and going all day from all four points of the compass, I think even I’d get pissed off if I lived along the route.

17. I never see any Harley or multi gym type rider get pulled sorry they are fin loud

18. I was behind 2 multi gyms today the second one had his bird on the back te tyre must have had 3psi and I thought he had saddle bags on it but no sorry to say it was his birds arse,sorry but I couldn’t stop laughing

• Funny Funny x 6
  19. I’m afraid ref the ear plugs everyone I know who rides with them in do so to protect their hearing from the wind noise that can lead to hearing loss or at least be detrimental to hearing.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  20. I don’t happily, I avoid known honeypots for bikers as they attract Police.

• Agree Agree x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information