1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Leo Vince Decat pipes

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Gweed, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Just to let you all know Moto.gb distribution has the Leo Vince decat pipes back in stock next week, available to pay and reserve now . I got mine

2. Best decision you'll ever make...unless Yo-Landi Visser is offering you something behind the bike sheds...
    Sorry...it's a school boy thing from way back when.

3. I know it needs going to CJS racing for the remap, but can it be run with the Leo vince until I can get there, or will it not run right ?

4. You can run it fine until you get there. I did...

5. Agreed. They tend to be tuned rich.
    If you are going to fit your own pm me with your number and I'll chat through some short cuts.

6. Mine ran fine pre CJS too

7. Also interested and aware should be in stock next week. They also supply an add on DB killer but suggest it can only be used with the OE end cans. Has anyone any experience. Want to use my Termi stubby and cant see any reason why this should not be compatible. Will be a bit of a queue at CJS!!!

8. I use mine with Termi stubby but no db capability, would be interested to see what can be offered , wasnt aware that anything could be done

9. Hi AirConTech sent you a PM I think

10. one on ebay £121..thin may give it a punt

11. Aircon would leovince and termi stubby pass track noise levels do you know?

12. My LeoVince stubby carbon with DB killer fitted and decat pipe passed an MOT on Thursday and to be fair it aint that loud. Take out that DB killer and it snaps knicker elastic at 100 paces.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Hi folks, I am interested in taking the cat off my Pikes Peak, using a Leo Vince with db killer and the standard stubby termi. Read some reports that with a straight through mid pipe plus the straight through stubby termi it's too loud. I want it to sound like a Ducati but not be ear splitting! What's your feedback with the Leo vince set up?

14. I think you will find that very loud, you are not going to get much silencing from that DB killer

If you remove the cat you really need a decent silencer to bring the sound down, I've got the QD system and its been brilliant and sounds wonderful, just like a Ducati should!

Although removing the cat does give other benefits, like losing the dreaded EXVL valve and a weight saving you can really feel

15. It seems ok with a baffle but without too loud for me

I have a danmoto type one for £50 if yiu're still looking, I fitted with std can and was too loud

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. I have that exact set up and yes it is very loud. I fitted the Leo Vince db killer which does quieten it down a little bit but it is enough and noticeable. I have just returned from a 3000 mile European tour with this set up and it was just fine... Got to be done !!!

17. Hi, how did you manage to sort the cable for exhaust valve, and did you get remap, etc, or just bolt it on? Tried to speak to Ducati Coventry but they don't want to know.....left several messages, so any idea of anyone in the Midlands who can remap etc?

18. Hi Simon... The Leo Vince came with instructions and a piece for the valve to keep it in position after removing the valve mechanism, easy to do but a bit fiddly. You will defo need a remap, it is not advised to de cat without a remap. I had my remap done by Hilltop motorcycles of Earl Shilton near Hinckley, Leicestershire LE9 7DG. Speak to Jeff on 01455 848522 he is very good.
    I also have a Kawasaki ZZR1400 performance edition which had a re map at the same time and the difference is phenomenal. As for the Multistrada it has so much more grunt off the bottom and so much smoother... Really made a big difference.

19. Loads have a decat without a map. And without any bother at all. Having a map makes semse if you can afford it and want extra piece of mind and a crisper bike

20. If fitting a decat and having a remap, would this invalidate your warranty in anyway.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information