1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Less Conflict In Non Ducati Forums

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by AirCon, Jan 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It appears that a great deal of the disquiet on the Speakers Corner and other non-bike related threads is caused by so called "newbies".

Just a suggestion, but IMHO it would be a good idea to make all threads SUBSCRIBER ONLY posting, unless it is a direct DUCATI related thread. After all who wants to join in a debate on politics unless they really knew who they were talking to and had already formed a relationship with on the main bike forums.

Secondly it would mean that they had invested £5 into the forum, allowing an additional form of verification on there true identity. I believe this £5 investment would mean a great deal of these 2nd / 3rd user accounts would cease.

Also if a user cannot be arsed to invest £5 in this fantastic forum, do we really want to listen to them anyway?

It would allow newbies to ask questions on bikes, without heading into troubled waters....

Just my thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. Worth considering. Thanks

@Rob ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. Does subscribing bring with it any legal implications?
    @Rob

#3 Carr01, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Bit elitist and overreaction to one or two people you don’t like

Be better to ban emoji only or less than 30 character and over 200 character posts

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Love You x 1
    • Crap x 1
  5. Just get rid of speakers corner..plenty of subscribers talk shite on there..

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Or make it that no one can see the subsection unless they request to join that section

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I think the idea behind that is so the shite talkers can be banded together and easily observed.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. A bit like that dodgy pub the police never seem to raid. They know where all of the culprits are!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. At least they know where they all are ;)

10. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Very intuitive

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Yes

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ban the emoji? .. what?

• Like Like x 1
  14. There's 31 - I was seeing if the Emoji restriction could be steered around with the less than 31 character rule - it worked o_O

15. Expectedly adult :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. As usual....read what was written

Ban emoji only

17. Bring back the old Emoji's or give us more - we have very complex relations on here and cannot express ourselves accurately, thus causing fall outs :heart_eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. See :sob:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Btw depending on emoji construct that’s either 62 or 93 characters

20. It's National have Fun at Work day today, thanks for joining in :blush::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information