1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Levers ... Branded Or Cheap Chinese???

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Carbon749, May 20, 2019.

1. Hi, looking to swap my standard levers, (Diavel) but, is it worth paying for ASV, Ducati performance, Pazzo etc or go cheap and buy Chinese copies ?

Any suggestions ?

2. In most cases you get what you pay for. I have ASVs on my Multistrada but DP on my 1098R and V4. Tried a few cheaper alternatives but found the fit to be a big problem and not happy with the operation/feel. Andy

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Evotech levers are another alternative, decent price and quality up with the branded stuff you mention. As above regarding fit with cheap levers, not been impressed, but more worryingly with their operation. Issues with hydraulic locking or pump up can make them not just sketchy, but dangerous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I have a set of tingtong levers, they must be 7 years old, cant fault them

5. I have v-Trec on my 999 and really like them.

6. Pazzo for me.

7. I find oem work the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Understand about the fit, mate has just fitted some Chinese levers to his bike, the look ok, but, the vertical play on the lever ie: up and down, is massive and they vibrate around like something from Ann Summers.

9. The baby R has Pazzo on there and they are good. i did look at Evotech as an option, will look a little further into them.

10. From an earlier discussion about Panigale levers, TWM got a good write up, http://www.twm-sc.com/levers.html and they fit the Diavel. Andy

11. had a set of cheap levers on my zed for the last 5 years and theyve been fine....at the time i was a bit skint as i was doing other stuff like exhausts and things....while theyve lasted really well (theyre anodised orange which has faded a bit) otherwise theyve been fine....ill probably change to something blingier like asv or something like that but not a priority....got ASV's on the RSV4 which are also great...

• Like Like x 1
  12. I have cheap Chinese Pazzo copies and they are spot-on - much, much better than ugly oem Brembo ones in every way

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. I guess the problem is there is poor quality Chinese and good quality Chinese, and finding the good is by more luck than judgement :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I seem to remember you may have supplied the link... lol

These are good enough that I can't help wondering if they made extra ones of the levers they manufactured for Pazzo.

They fitted perfectly and no adjustment was required for the plungers - plug and play :)

15. I think many if the ‘branded’ ones will be made in China :thinkingface: like a lot of OEM Ducati parts too. :):upyeah: It’s all about the specifications, and if a genuine approved OEM supplier the workmanship is often better than the west due to their culture, attention to detail and love of the company they work for.

16. Indeed, after all, iPhones are made in China

17. I had a pair of cheap Chinese copy ones on my 749. Around twenty quid from eBay. No problem what so ever although every time I cleaned the bike I did closely studied them for any cracks or damage but I found none within the three years I owned the bike. Personally I found better than the oe ones as they eliminated the up and down movement I had. They turned up unboxed just lightly wrapped in bubble wrap. Took around ten days to arrive. Definitely worth twenty quid.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information