1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lewis Hamilton Riding Again

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Advikaz, Feb 21, 2018.

1. He’s been talking a fair bit about MotoGP, I know he was out in almeria a while back following Crafer round at a reasonable track day pace.

As for MotoGP, in my opinion despite his clear vehicular talent it’d take an age for him to get even near a back markers pace.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Good on him for having a play...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. That track must get slippy with the sand, fair play to him never knew he was into bikes

• Like Like x 1
  4. hope Cal teaches him to fall off too

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Be no better teacher :)

6. Living the dream, do everything and have a laugh doing it

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. If you are into racing why wouldn’t he want to get on two wheels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. A few drivers are / were -

upload_2018-2-21_23-37-2.png

upload_2018-2-21_23-29-26.png

upload_2018-2-21_23-31-3.png

upload_2018-2-21_23-32-10.png

upload_2018-2-21_23-33-3.png

upload_2018-2-21_23-33-52.png

upload_2018-2-21_23-34-17.png

upload_2018-2-21_23-34-46.png

upload_2018-2-21_23-35-17.png

upload_2018-2-21_23-31-47.png

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nice 1.... anything that promotes bikes is cool by me, depressing when after a moto gp or wsbk race etc it doesn't even make the news...saw prince William on one on tv last night fair play to him too.

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  10. Well lets look at it this way, he definitely has the fitness, the right sized frame, the concentration levels, the skill at cutting time lap after lap, and above all else he has a huge following as an international star that transcends his sport and goes further than what he does on a Sunday, kinda like Rossi.

Whether he'll ever get up to a pace where he's actually competitive is another matter, but its not beyond the realm of possibility given his pedigree, and even though i know some don't like him, you cannot question his ability in the slightest.

Im glad he's bringing it more and more to the public eye, shows he's genuinely serious enough as instagram posts of this nature are almost theory testers of 'what ifs', market feedback if you like.

What i like most about it is that when someone like Lewis Hamilton consistently says that MotoGP is far better in terms of excitement and proper racing than F1, its going to change both for the better, in one way or another.

He's got my vote, good man:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I was at that gig with Tracksense. No one actually saw him as he was ushered into a distant pit garage (track entrance). I asked Crafar about it but he was quite secretive.
    And yeah, he was quick by all accounts. In the 40's which is very good for Almeria.
    But surely on a fifty gazzilion a year contract, you're not allowed to dick about on fast motorbikes??

12. Late 46’s from what I know.

No idea, i guess he’s had something put in his contract to allow it, certainly historically racers wouldn’t usually be able to

13. Collaboration with MV Agusta doesn't stop with the Dragster RR. He's now done a special F4 too http://www.mvagusta.com/en/motorcycles/f4-lh44/

At £64,444 (as £44,444 wasn't enough) it's not cheap, almost £24k more than the RC on which it's based. Not too sure what you get extra over that other than a questionable paint job... Only 44 will be made apparently. I wonder how many will actually be ridden rather than used as den ornaments for the wealthy few?

14. He's got shoulders that scream broken clavicle when he finally falls off, which he will. I know he's fit but he looks fragile. I'd like to see his enthusiasm levels once he's been in plaster a few times. Could you imagine the battering good club level riders will give him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Elbows outtttt

16. Apparently he was going too LATE on the brakes taking him deep all the time. Crafar said he was mad on the brakes. Had to keep telling him to brake earlier and braking too late was messing up his exits. Makes sense as F1 drivers are much later on the brakes. I guess if he sorts his braking markers and lines he'll be well rapid.

17. all good :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  18. John Surtees...:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Great PR for motorcycling,,,too many negative waves out there man for biking, this is a WIN,WIN situation:):upyeah:

20. Damon hill was a bike racer and trials rider before getting into racing with stabilisers lol

• Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information