1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lewis Hamilton's Hot Lap

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by XH558, May 26, 2019.

1. Highlights on now!

• Like Like x 2
  2. ^^^^^A masterful win on shagged out tyres today,and a dedication to the late great Niki Lauda:upyeah:lewis knows how to pedal fast:upyeah:

3. The boy can certainly drive. :) :upyeah:

Gerhard Berger now says he's probably greater than Senna. High praise indeed from one of Senna's best mates and admirers.

He's almost as good as I was on Microprose Grand Prix, many years ago. :yum

4. Talented driver :upyeah:

5. I thought Lewis's comments that the race was his hardest one ever were a little strange though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The flawed genius comes to mind here:upyeah:

7. Some mental weirdness?

Last year, same race, on lap 28, Ricciardo, (leading), complained of a loss of power. Ricciardo then drove the remaining 50 laps of the race, with what was later revealed to be 25% less horsepower than usual, and only six out of eight gears functioning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. The tactical psychology winner's game:upyeah:

9. Hmm could be...

But then I re watch some of Hamiltons post race interviews. And he is always saying "that was sooooo hard! / I love this GP the most / These are the greatest fans in the world" and I wonder if he is simply out of imagination or saying what he is told to earn his £40million.

Though after 77 wins, I guess its hard to come up with unique PR acceptable comments.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sponsorship by duracell,,,,,insert batteries and press play;)

11. Bloke in best car wins from pole in dry race where it’s impossible to overtake and had no pit stops or crashes.

Wow.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Have you not watched the onboard footage:thinkingface:skill set from the top drawer is required to keep that baby on the black stuff:upyeah:

13. I did

I’m one of the few who don’t mind him, seems to give a lot of his time and effort to good causes, is faf and best driver England ever had. But, c’mon, thee was rubber, it was the strategy, and he’s skilful enough to know the small bits to ouch in to keep them behind him.

14. Do you remember that year with mansell all over the rear of senna's car:thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Did he pass him? I’m sure in the 50 yrs or whatever of racing there, there has been a pass or two...but mostly on pitstops

16. worth a watch for the skill level alone:upyeah:

17. Remember it well. Our Nige was on for 5 wins in a row at the start of the season, was leading the race but pitted for a puncture. He came out behind Senna, caught him up at a rate of knots, had vastly superior speed but coudn't get past.

I was thinking about this when watching the race yesterday, then the commentators mentioned it. If the lead driver doesn't make a mistake, it's almost impssible to pass.

Great driving from Both Senna and Hamilton.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Exactly my point :upyeah:

19. So no, he didn’t pass him ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. And Senna couldn't (in one of his best drives ever) pass Prost in the rain in '84.

Monaco F1 is not a race, its a competition to gain the best start via qualifying and then continue in a procession without making a mistake.

Winning Monaco from the front cannot be the hardest race ever, for any driver (says me who has never driven a F! car). LOL

Do Not Sell My Personal Information