1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liam Neeson

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Feb 5, 2019.

1. He’ll never work again.

Wtf was he thinking?!

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. He’s a lad isn’t he.

3. Of course he’ll work again, seems he was recorded saying those bad racist things ‘off camera’ so the the best offensive is defensive, in this case.
    What ya going to do?

4. He is stupid for saying that. I seriously thought he was looking for attention to plug a new film or something, somethings you just keep to yourself. This is what he will be remembered for!

5. Now I’m not sure if it’s a case of ‘art imitating life’ or ‘life imitating art’?

Perhaps he’s just become typecast - to the degree he now believes he is his screen persona.

6. Johnathon Ross was never going to work again, that other muppet his mate was never gonna work again, in fact a few were never gonna work again, Clarkson maybe too, but they all seem to again, what Neeson do anyway?

7. Went out looking for ‘revenge’ on a black guy, any black guy, coz a black guy allegedly raped a friend of his; and admitted this in an interview. In which he was plugging his latest film mind you, where he goes out looking for revenge for something bad done to a member of his family. Sound familiar?

That said, I do like his films :)

8. It was forty fuckin' years ago, he admitted that it was wrong and how much of a bad place he was in, can't believe it is being made into a "thing".

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Yeh this thread is making me want to get revenge , got a kosh in my pocket and going out to look for any gixxer owners :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. On radio 5 they interviewed a black actress about what Neeson had said.. what made me cringe was not the fact that he was out to kill just someone, and possibly someone not even connected to the alleged crime she was totally focused on the fact that it was a black guy he was after eg race.. He had already said it mattered not what the colour etc but she just went on and on about the fact that the alledged rapist was black.
    No one seemed to spare any thought on the radio anyway for the victim of the actual rape..

Having said that most of his films seem to be based on a revenge storyline anyway so it’s possibly all a spoof production PR job... Name of producer? Trump anyone? x

11. just a bullshit headline grab for the new film .......thats gone a bit wrong!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. He said he went out armed with a cosh, hoping some black guy would start something so he could finish it and get some of his anger out at the rape of his friend.

He didn’t go out looking to start something himself. He didn’t just start going up to black people and clubbing them. He only focused on black because he was told it was a black rapist. He also said how wrong it felt and how awful it was.

This doesn’t make him racist. This flash of anger would be normal to anyone, although he maybe took it too far going out hoping something would kick off.

If someone stole your bike and you went out with a cricket bat in the car, looking for srotes who look a bit suspect and hoping something kicks off...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. It just shows how inbuilt some of our mencahnisms are. It probably does show he is (was at least) racist or is an example of how someone who isnt can become rapists. One black man is a rapist therefore all black men are rapists. Therefore all black peoples should be removed/segregated.

Think I may have posted this in the wrong section..,.I can see it descending into speakers corner territory :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Has he ever made a good quality memorable movie anyone:thinkingface:;)

15. Racism is a modern name for a very, very old phenomenon.

"You are clearly not from my clan, you are a potential threat."

As modern, decent people, we have to fight this programming ... which we do ... until a major stressful event triggers the old instincts.

I find it incredible that Neeson would want to speak publicly about this episode in his life. Conceivably, he is seeking forgiveness for an act he finds deeply shameful but in the modern, PC-SJW society we live in, there is no forgiveness - only public, virtual lynchings.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Ballad of Buster Scruggs.

Sadly, you are spot on, tho to be fair most people understand this. Only takes a tiny minority to cause a groundswell sometimes...

• Like Like x 1
  18. It has a very low 3.5 rating:(

19. First taken was ok.

He seems to take himself too seriously imho when interviewed like his characters (he only ever plays the same character really)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Liam Neeson attacking a black guy
    CC5F532A-63D1-48CE-8AF4-EA5EB2EEC7D8.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information