1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lidl Impact Wrench 500nm £39.99

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Gerr, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Hi all

Thursday special offers includes a parkside mains powered impact wrench.

500nm £39.99... They are on the shelves this evening.

There is also a lower torque battery version.... Can't remember how much.

I've just picked one up... So can't say if it lives up to the spec yet...... I'll see if it can get the rear wheel nut off the multi tomorrow... If it can't.. it goes back... simple as that really..

Cheers

Ger

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Did you see that the rating is 500Nm loosening torque but only 100Nm tightening. Presumably that means right hand thread. Are the big axle Ducatis right hand wheel side? I know the small ones are but my MV, where it would have been handy is left hand thread.

3. Ah... What I thought was a safe feature could be a problem..... However the troublesome Duc nuts are right thread.... Sprocket.... Wheel and hub nuts.....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lucky you

5. Yay, I thought Ill get one. Just checked with Lidl Ireland and they’re €68.95 here :astonished: and only 400Nm:(. I feel ripped off already:confused:.

2A0205FD-6871-47D2-920E-37BF38E9C87A.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. No no no.... There are two in the offer one is the cordless.... One is the mains powered one...... Look. Again.....

7. Oh.... the Irish site is totally different.... Even the offers are different.... In UK they are called "middle of Lidl".... what feckin sense does that make.....

8. The extending breaker bar in the offer is a sort of kick in the slats while you are down.... Like.....

9. These and other tools are in the middle aisle, in the middle of Lidl shops!

10. How do people of the forum pronounce “Lidl”?
    I pronounce it ‘Liddle’, rhymes with middle, but the Germans say ‘Leedle’, rhymes with needle, I have friends from Clanktown; and they pronounce it ‘Lie-dell’, rhymes with nowt that I can think of, except Rydell, the school in the film Grease, but then again they get their clothes from the designer outlet known as ‘Mat Alan’ and we’ll not go down the Ikea (Ikkya, rhymes with stickier) route.
    Sorry to detract from the thread, yes there are some bargains to be had in the middle aisle of Lidl.
    I’ll go back to my sitting...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  11. What I meant was.... The tools etc offers in centre aisle in UK are known as middle of Lidl..... but seems not in Ireland

• Like Like x 1
  12. Well I'm pleased that it's all cleared up now ....
    .... that's a load off .
    :)

I confess that I have an unhealthy attraction to the middle aisle stuff , and I spotted that rattle gun ,
    ...... read the specs ...... and then I walked on .

The one made by Clarke has had so many positive reports on here that I really wouldn't buy anything else .

I still use my Luddite version ..... a good length of thick-walled steel pipe that is a nice fit with the
    various bits in my socket sets .

#13 oldtech, Sep 24, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  13. That cordless one was on sale here in Hungary last year. It became legendary because it’s very good and the price was an absolute steal. I got one and I use it all of the time for the axles on my race bike. (BSB quick change axles)

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. OK.. Regarding the corded.. Mains powered gun.

Just been out to the garage to try on the rear wheel nut on the multi. It just pissed it straight off.... I kept an eye on the writing on the socket when I pressed the trigger... It started moving right from the off.... No waiting a while... Straight off.

:astonished:

I know exactly how much effort it usually takes... Bit of pipe on the end of my ratchet handle.... Foot on it etc....

No more strained back muscles.

Ger

• Like Like x 8
    • Useful Useful x 2
  15. 100nm back on is perfect, as it’s way short of the actual toque value so you can spin on without worrying about over tightening and grab that proper torque wrench.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Was driving past Lidl’s popped in and bought one of the corded ones.
    I will need it when/if I buy a SFV4.....

17. Yeah ... I'd never use an impact wrench to put a nut back on anyway.....

• Like Like x 1
  18. Good thing is... If you don't t like it just take it back and say it's not right.....

19. Oh...... Three year warranty.....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information