1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life Choices Of The Rich!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Symon Moore, Apr 16, 2021.

1. A friend of mines’ husband is currently deciding whether to buy a Norton V4ss (the chrome mirror polish jobbie) or a Microlite. Tough call *sigh*

2. Sort of ‘flight of fancy’ or ‘fancy a flight’. Andy

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Microlights actually exist

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I'd love a microlight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Microlights have the highest death rates of flying vehicles lower classed than single prop aircraft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bin the micro lite idea right off mate imo. Still most beautiful "thing" I've ever seen in the flesh.

8422EF48-E4CB-444D-8657-1EFC3A003000.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. But does a Norton V4SS ? Andy

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. After a flight in my mates microlight I'm going to have lessons. I would equate it to motorbiking but in the air.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I see the new owners of Norton have admitted today that the V4SS has some serious and potentially dangerous design flaws and safety issues and are recommending owners remove the battery and do not ride the bike under any circumstances..

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. crikey

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Microlight pilots are nothing more than cyclists in the sky!! :joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Sounds like the microlight might be the safer choice though.:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Reading the defect list, other than the electronics faults, it reads just like a brand new Brit bike from the 60's with oil leaks, dangerous fuelling issues and failing bearings! Comforting to know there's still an eager clientele for 'adventure' on two wheels...

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Easy. Tell her to tell him to get both and after he inevitably bins the microlight and ends up as a kagoule full of mince at the bottom of a cliff, you shack up with act as a great comfort at a difficult time to his widow and so you end up riding both her and the Norton.

When a Norton stalls you die of embarrassment.

When a microlight stalls you just die (ff to 35s)*

Follow me for more great tips. :upyeah:

* For the pedants - ok, it was neither a stall or a fatality

#15 Zhed46, May 20, 2021
    Last edited: May 20, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 3
  15. Christ on a bike (but not a Norton, as he’s already suffered one violent death). After reading that lot, the microlight is starting to look like the safer option.

That’s just appalling. They really were going all in and smashing that “British bike nostalgia” button hard.

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. I don't know whether there's any coming back from that o_O

I think I'd have faked death, just lay perfectly still and just hope people left me there to rot until sundown where I could causally get up, remove my lid, and kick the living shit out of the bike :joy:

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. Microlite? Man up guys, try paramotor, where the engine is strapped to your back and you are hanging from a duvet cover.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Could you imagine what the Wright brothers words would be on describing this one rich man's crash gig.

19. I had a day of paragliding in the Peak District about 20 years ago, it was great fun and a little scary at times.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information