1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Light Weight 900ss

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by bikemad, Jun 8, 2018.

1. I recently got a Ducati brochure that had a host of light weight parts for a 900ss/superlight.
    CF petrol tank, fairings, seat etc.etc.

I love the look of the original 900ss/superlight and wondered if anybody had fitted all these light weight bits and seen the difference in weight?
    and
    With Marchesini or Oz wheels, CF cans and light weight Lithium battery in the equation what would be the expected weight?

I know there are light weight modded 900's out there but I like the original look.

2. Anything that helps weight reduction on a motorcycle is a positive move and yes like you i love the 900SL in stock form only and i'm after one:upyeah:

3. this is something close to @Sev ‘s heart also

4. There is a lot of potential here - ash doesn't weigh much at all :worried:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Get yourself down to 95 kg kitted up that's then a light bike.

6. A lot of parts are made now by other companys, such as panels and single seat. I have a full aftermarket set of panels from Ricambi Weiss and although not carbon are noticeably thinner and lighter than standard. I have OZ wheels roughly 4kg lighter than standard and instant difference in handling, and a full Sil Motor system which is also much lighter than standard, particularly the headers. I have never chased weight savings myself just gone for the upgrades I lusted after. It definately feels lighter than a standard machine. Oh, and I would imagine that the carbon tank would make a big difference, they occasionally come up for sale. 20180526_104018.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  7. A yellow spring would be lighter

8. Bet you think yellows faster than red too ;p

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Why is it not?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. 380lbs = 172kg :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. For us younger ones :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. When I was looking into wheels, the 5 spoke Marchesinis are indeed quite heavy compared to what you can get, so you should be able to make quite a difference.

13. Why the difference in weight between the two motors??

14. My guess is Titanium internals, lightening of rotating mass etc.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I have read posts about tyre weight, however haven't found details of same, nobody seems to have weighed different ones. With hindsight I should've weighed the dunlops before I put them on the wheels.

16. If you look up the tyre specs it will probably have the weight listed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Won't fit me leathers then :)

18. It's right about weight, how much would someone spend to lighten the bike by 10kg, when healthy eating and exercise can lighten the person very cheaply

• Like Like x 1
  19. My SS was 157kg with still some fuel in the tank.
    I had all the light parts like carbon fuel tank,magnesium marvics,lightweight fairing,light verlicchi swingarm,....
    But it was not really street legal,was my trackbike and everything not needed was removed.

Henk!!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information