1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Line Of Duty

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by El Toro, Mar 21, 2021.

1. So looking forward to it :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Great drama.

3. could definitely have done with the "chis" explanation at start of prog*!

*prog= programme

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. And the “DIR”, back in my day it was “for the tape”

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I used to do some proof reading for the scripts for The Bill and East Enders (when it involved police) yonks ago, so in my expert opinion..
    NB ‘Ex’ meaning past it and ‘spert’ meaning drip under pressure!

So I broke my Line of Duty virginity tonight.

Wooden acting, implausible script - not impressed, will I watch watch the next to see if it improves, who knows.

Can’t understand all the hype!

#7 Oldrat, Mar 21, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. :laughing:
    I can see why your an ex proof reader

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ex as in Norwegian Blue?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I have to say if it doesn’t improve I will have to reconsider my loyalty to it.

On the other hand I am just about to finish watching an Irish drama called Love Hate. Gangland Dublin, absolutely cracking, highly recommend, a bit of Dublin familiarity might help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I thought it was pretty lame.
    As ex-po-po myself, these kind of shows do make me cringe.....

10. Looks like a slow burner...it didnt set anything on fire last night, i'll see how it progresses.

11. It always is. You know she’s a wrong ‘un. You just don’t know how wrong. And why. Yet.

12. Don't get the fuss about it. Poor acting and poor script.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Unbelievably high ratio of locks/door. Hope the hinges are up to it :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1

14. I commented about that to ‘er indoors last night.

They looked standard with nowt visible on the inside at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Biometric finger print security door is the way forward. Keys as backup only.

16. Thought the last one was pants if I'm honest, watched 20 mins of this last night and turned it off, done with it.

17. I think there might be a lot more scenes shot in crime scenes with everyone in forensic gear this series ;)

As for the wrong’un I’ve never really rated her as an actor (PC) dunno what it is, just find her annoying, and she seems ageless, doesn’t look any older than she did in her school uniform in Trainspotting.

18. I also just remembered that she was in "No country for old men'".. as Josh Brolins wife, she got taken out by Xavier (Anton) at the end of the film.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information