1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lithium Jump Starter

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Kirky, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Has anyone any experience with these and know what mAh is required to turn over the Ducati engine (MTS1200) successfully with a completely flat battery?

The one I was looking at is 6000mAh and 400Amp peak current.

It would seem a good bit of kit to carry on trips as having a flat battery seems one of the more common issues.

2. I guess you got the Halfords Trade Card E-Mail today with them all on offer :thinkingface:
    @AirCon will know, but I would imagine the smallest one for a car would do...

3. Haha, yes I did and immediately found one elsewhere for £26 that looked ideal :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cranker used one all the time and always did the job. He fitted leads so he could just plug it on, like an optimate, so it was a 5 sec connection job

5. Ive got a Noco go 40 does the bike with ease. Started my Boxster 3.2 with it. Had it 2 years.
    Charges my phone electric fag etc. Well worth the money

6. I carry one for peace of mind. But never need it ...

7. I carry as well and never had to use it on my bike. I've used it twice to start cars, one being a 2 litre diesel - no problem at all. I've also used it to charge up phones, intercoms and cameras.

For reference, it is a DBPower battery rated at 8000mAh, 300A peak. It cost about £30 when I broy pack ght it over 2 years ago. I made up a smaller set of jump leads and an adopter to connect to a Ducati/GIVI USB power hub (part of the Multistrada Urban accessory pack. @Kirky : hope this info helps.

#7 steveb123, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information