1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Livewire - Seems Its Actually Good!?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by dubcat, Aug 4, 2019.

1. It's shit :blush::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I think it looks great :)
    And how fab did that road look :)

3. but £29? I wonder how many they would shift in the UK even at half that price considering the range and charging facilities at this early stage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I’m not a fan of the styling.

I don’t think the battery life is enough for weekend ride-outs. I’d mostly be interested in having one for commuting where you’ve got a fixed distance to travel (and in my case, a few fast chargers at work). The silence of this thing would make it dangerous to filter on though imho. My unbaffled termis make me feel much safer squeezing between traffic on the M25.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. At £29 I'd buy at least 3, wouldn't go for 4 as it'd take me over budget.:upyeah:

Thank God they're not £29k, can you imagine being that stupid to buy one at that price o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. We have been forward thinking too - we have just installed 2 chargers at work and over 700 staff on site :joy: if this craze ever explodes there will be fighting at charging stations - in fact there already has been, with BEV owners claiming they should have more rights than HEV owners at such stations. And wait until the tax hits to replace the fuel tax. The whole thing is going to be pants while your whirring away to work :motorcycleduc:..................:eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Imagine if you had to wait at the petrol station for 40 mins.

#8 Jez900ie, Aug 5, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Was waiting for that, money was on Exige though. :) Sorry Stu

9. I did think about it, but would want one for £29 :joy:

10. Overpriced,and i've heard that Harley D are not shifting the metal at the minute:thinkingface:

11. Some know, I lived in Sturgis South Dakota for a number of years. Ask a biker in the states about Sturgis week and it is seen as one of the largest bike meets in the usa. Although it says bike week it's roughly about 95% harleys.

All year round the town and outlying developement's total around 6,000 people but for this one week it goes upto around half a million a day.

Imagine for those who went to the brands hatch meet when foggy was riding and had a 120,000 attendence, increase the attendance times 4, then do that over 7 days.

Imagine that 95% using harleys with slash pipes, s&s, screaming eagles and then imagine electric harley bikes, it would be like the mute button has just been pressed.

I can't see Harley surviving on electric bikes

12. Well that Termignoni fekked then - I don't think :D

13. Spot on. I always see the same cars plugged in to the chargers... all day long. Won’t be long before reception starts sending emails for the owner of the grey Tesla to move their car :)

14. It will be like the school run and parking, people will be turning up an hour before they need too just to get "the right space"

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Except it will be half the cars in the country, every day. At every office, factory, hotel, school, restaurant, hospital. Then the power will go out.

Maybe buses will make a comeback?

• Like Like x 1
  16. But will they be electric :D?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information