1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lockdown

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Seanarrow, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Heard Madrid on lockdown. Anyone else planned to go to Spain September time. whhat are you’re thoughts
    Sean.

2. Was supposed to be in Italy this past week & next :( decided not to go. IMHO there will be ongoing lockdowns around the world either at local, regional or countrywide levels. As people start moving around again cases will rise, it’s a given. If you go, you’ll probably have to self-isolate for 2 weeks when you get back* as I can’t see Spain being on the Green list.

*or you could do what all the foreign tourists around West Cork are doing at the moment which is completely ignoring the regulations:(.

3. Thanks for reply Paul. Yeah I agree and am worried about having to self isolate when I’m back. That’s means 5 weeks of. Not work I don’t think. Also I have diabetes so high risk also. Might have to do the waw down to schull I’m thinking.

4. swi500.ie

Here to help :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks paul...
    I'll be in touch next month..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Madrid isn’t on lockdown, my wife’s there at the moment visiting her Dad. Apart from compulsory wearing of face masks it’s business as usual.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. It’s gonna be an interesting few months. According to MSM it’s coming back with vengeance....
    We can’t lock down again surely?? :astonished:

8. Expect local lock downs. Read an article about Italy now doing random testing and finding a surprising amount of confirmed cases in people with no symptoms at all. They are then trying to get all their contacts in isolation.

Good old Boris will probably twig to this in about 3 months time during which all the people with no symptoms will have be spreading it causing a spike that causes a lock down.

TB

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I think it’ll get to a point where we say fuggit, on and on.
    The figures have been massively fudged so far. Had there not been global hysteria over it, I for one wouldn’t have had a clue about it.
    Hmmm, nasty cold going round. And??

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I don’t think we’ll get nationwide lockdowns again. The economies and business’s can’t take anymore.

But potentially local ones that’ll be mostly ignored

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. This is it. We’re already in deep shit economically. Any more pressure and we’ll all be living in wigwams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. There was a news article here a few data back about meat packing plants. There’d been a few clusters centered around a couple of meat packing plants, due to their close working conditions. Anyway these plants employ hundreds, cases were in the 10s. The health authorities tested ALL employees for antibodies found 50% had them present. Many of the workers had had it but been asymptomatic. It made me think, if that’s a small sample of the population why would it be dramatically different across the entire population :thinkingface:.

Anyway’s this thread’s about travel isn’t it:thinkingface:

13. thanks for that info. sean.

14. We live in the country with the worst record in Europe. Most deaths, least best response. A clusterf.....k from the start. Anywhere in Europe is better!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Shite.

16. Looks like Barcelona is tinkering on the edge of a city lockdown

17. Political agendas coming into play....

18. well you are right there lad.

• Like Like x 1
  19. My Aussie mate said that a major problem with the people being quarantined in Melbourne was the 'carers' going from one place to another doing favours for those in quarantine. Yes, not just packets of fags, etc but sexual favours!!

He lives outside the city and could easily travel into town, but wouldn't be allowed out again. There are roadblocks, etc:scream:...

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information