1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lockwiring

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by ducati dad, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Any recommendations for the best lockwiring pliers, and what SWG of wire to use on a track bike project?

2. I got mine from laser tools they've been very good, think I use 1mm stainless lock wire.

3. Cheers Cookster. :upyeah:

4. This is 1mm on one of mine...

IMG_4029.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  5. I think it might have been done by Moto Rapido or the previous owner :) I have no pliers but when you find out what works well let me know :yum

6. Screenshot_20180307-232010.png
    These are the ones I use. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. What exactly is being locked here

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nothing, but it sure look priddy :blush:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Got one of the Laser ones as above, you are more than welcome to use it...I am couple of roads down from you.
    Plenty of 0.8mm wire.

10. Thanks for the offer Alex, but I was enquiring for my son and he wants to buy his own set. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. I work in the aircraft industry and I lock wire every day. For some strange reason i love lock wiring and there are some hellish fasteners/unions to Lockwire on a Hawk. 99% of time we use 0.8mm stainless wire, apart from on ejection seats were 0.5mm is used. I have Stahlwille pliers which have a nice action and are reversiable. Maybe a bit pricey for the odd few you may do, but any will do a the job. How nice they look takes some practice. I would deffo use 0.8mm stainless wire though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. These Hawks wouldn't be red, by any chance?

If so, I'll take a look at your handiwork next time they're my way : o )

• Like Like x 1
  13. No I'm not in the RAF, I work for BAE. Most recently the T2 and Saudi and Oman Mk165s & 166s. Iam currently in Saudi on the batch 2 jets.

#16 Chrisduke, Mar 9, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Not been to Saudi but I've been next-door to them, a couple of times.

15. Your not missing much!! 2 weeks and I'm home for a month!
    Whereabouts?? UAE??

16. Home for two weeks here then back out.

Been in Dubai recently, had a good and bad time there. Boring story : o )

Qatar, Bahrain, Oman ... I like Oman.

17. Im in Dhahran which is right next to the causeway to Bahrain. Had a few heavy sessions there recently which is a welcome break from the Sandpit! Dubai is a great place was there a few years ago displaying a T2 at the airshow. Would go back there tomorrow especially when the company is paying the bills!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information