1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logbook Help

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Dirty Leeds, Feb 6, 2018.

1. just wondering if the date of first registration on the logbook is meaning it came into the uk new? Would it be blank if previously owned in Japan? I know people bought rvf's brand new imported so were 1st owners on the logbook, my logbook only has 2 owners since 1999 bearing in mind though the bike is probably a 1994

IMG_2278.JPG

2. It does say declared new at 1st registration

IMG_2279.JPG

3. When I can find the V5 for Carole’s NC29 which I know was first registered in Japan, I’ll see what it says. Andy

4. Thank you Andy, be nice if it's a guaranteed 2 previous owner bike

5. When I purchased a Japanese import it was registered in Japan in 2004,i purchased it in the uk in 2007 and registered it and it came back with a 07 plate not a 04 plate.There was no evidence on the logbook of it being a import.

6. So I'm guessing it was first registered in the uk so was a new bike

7. It was a 3 year old import with 13k miles on the clock and came into the uk in 2007 and was issued with a 2007 plate and stated on the log book, date of first registration 2007 even though it was 3 years old.Never undersood why and never asked.

8. Just read the northern Irish logbook, so it was at allens honda which explains the allens number plate, then the guy I bought it off so those are the owners since 1999 bizarre the bike dealership had it since 1999 to 2014, it was registered overseas.

9. I know the plastics where the back lights need sorting, I got spare bodywork sort it when I swap it.

IMG_2281.JPG

10. N.I logbook

IMG_2280.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information