1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Looking At Getting An 848. This A Good Deal?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Tmac88, Apr 24, 2017.

1. As per title, I posted in the newbie section. I was looking at either a 749s or 848. Have decided on an 848.

Was planning on just a normal 848 but an evo has come up locally. 3200 miles 2011 red with termis and a couple extras. Price is £7699. Think it's worth shelling out for that as opposed to a cheaper base 848?

2. Yes IMO the evo is worth the extra. A quick search across the internet based adverts show a wide range of prices and miles, both private and trade. £7699 feels a little on the high side despite the low mileage. Probably about right for a dealer. Has to have the service history and be in good condition. Some aftermarket extras are worth it and some are not. Go have a look and negotiate. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. There is not a base 848 and an EVO 848. Till 2010 they were all just 848s and after that they were all EVOs. The Evo has some minor mods over the earlier models, but that may be something that Ducati did to keep sales up till the Pani came out shortly afterwards.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Yeah sorry basically meant I was looking at earlier 848's as I didn't think the extra in price was really worth it for the newer evos but this one is in good condition and low miles so considering it.

5. There was a slight power difference iirc nothing big tho. It's all anoint price and bits: the standard evo and older 848 hardly any difference. When you get to a Corse se you get quick shifter, ohlins rear (I think) and maybe a slipper. That's worth it.

Think. That sounds high for a 2011, I know Corse ones that gone for similar money :)

6. Looking AutoTrader it doesn't seem to be a bad price from a dealer. Corses are about £1000 extra. Worth it for the extra 1k but my budget was around 5-6k to start with so I'm pushing it for this evo.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tbh depending on what you are using it for, I'd be inclined to save the money and spend it on upgrades (rear shock, slipper, fork kit) instead. :upyeah:

8. Way overpriced. You will get a low mileage 1098s for that money!

9. Funny thing to say. I get people asking me how much my bike cost and then saying that I could have bought a car for that, but I don't want another car.
    Neither would I want a 1098 as there is no where that I can use all the power of the 848 so why buy something the same with even more power?

10. Because it has a dry clutch obviously

As someone who just sold his 848 and bought a 1098 and having studied the market over the last month's I merely pointed out it was too much money for it.

Especially when right now a Ducati dealership would offer 4k trade in for said 848!

11. My wifes ST2 has a dry clutch is that worth a lot of money? I would pay extra for a wet clutch for it.

12. How much was a bad 1098 vs an 848 when new?

13. there are 899s going for 8k these days

14. I had a quick search on eBay and there are a lot of dreamers out there. I traded my 12k 2010 evo with ohlins front forks and carbon for 6500 3 1/2 years ago, and that was better than any other dealer would give at the time.

Personally I wouldn't pay more than 7k for a mint evo of any age

Do Not Sell My Personal Information