1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking For An 848 Evo Or A 1098 With Termi’s

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by nickyboyday, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Hey all, newbie hello’s from me. Interested to see what’s out there for sale at the minute and take advice on whether the 848 or the 1098 is the best way to go.

best,
    Nick

2. Hint....have you tried looking in the Ducati’s for sale section on this forum;)???

3. Haha, yes I have - that bit was more a statement about why I’ve joined than a cry for help. There’s just the one 848 available in the For Sale section at the minute but it’s about 400 miles away.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Having tried both and recently purchased the 848, my thoughts are it depends on what you want it for. The 1098 is a bit more of a beast and I found slightly harder to ride on road than the 848, which has a slimmer rear tyre. The 848 has more than enough power for road riding, the 1098/1198 are much more track bikes IMO. 848’s are cheaper so you can get a higher spec one for your budget. Having said that, there will always be a part of me that looks at a 1098 with jealousy.

5. Thank you, yes, the head says 848 but the heart (plus the dry clutch and full termi system I’m seeking) say 1098S. Tough one, especially as I’ve only got one chance at this!

6. Thing is you can always go one up can’t you? For me it was always going to be the 1098s with full Termis. My heart definitely ruled my head & as soon as I could afford it, that’s what I bought. I did look at an 848 evo though & I’m sure I’d have loved that too. Arguably the last of the proper Ducati design (trellis frame, dry clutch & minimal electronics). Enjoy whatever you decide, they’re great bikes

7. 1098 Nick. It’s faster. And pretty much all of them have termi’s I’d say. It’s Ducati law.

Seriously though, an 848 is more than enough for the road.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 1098 is easier too ride fast, but less fun because of all that torque. 848 needs constant gear changes if you are riding like a dick (which is the best way to ride it ;) ) .

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. None of you are helping :)

It’s only going to be a good weather toy and I’m no track day fiend. I’ve been riding an i4 so both are going to be amazing and a new way of riding.

10. Realistically they are exactly the same bike to look at, but with different engines. The 848 isn’t a small bore 1098, it’s literally a completely different designed engine and rides differently. You really need to test ride them both to make your mind up. I felt the 1098 and 1198 were like wrestling a wild animal, the bike seemed like it was getting away from me where the 848 more suited my riding style and I felt in control. I’m not the best rider though so maybe you could tame the beast!

• Like Like x 1
  11. 654FEA4F-4B71-415A-BBA0-C49F30A0C447.png

• Like Like x 2
  12. Don’t go for any of them just get me a bin instead :D
    We like pictures here especially bins and they keep me happy :)

Ps 848 is nice

Welcome into our mad house

• Like Like x 1
  13. Go on then, here’s my 848 from last week - with a bin

F4D7F009-22A9-4BD5-B3CF-9ECDF3C66945.jpeg

• Love You Love You x 1
  14. Oh perfect :blush:

15. Welcome to the forum

• Like Like x 1
  16. welcome nick'

• Like Like x 1
  17. What about an 1198s with akras

18. It HAS to be Termignonis for me - keeping it Italian.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Akras look and sound better

20. best or the cheapest... Couldn't afford 1098R so low mileage bog standard 848 with no termis. Hideous! 20 thousand god awful miles to date. Still looks as terrible as it did when picked it up. The standard pipes make a racket and until they rot won't consider termis etc.

IMG_0679.jpg IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

#20 "Its_just_a_ride", Nov 20, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information