1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking For Inspiration - What To Do With An Old 600 Monster?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by buzzer, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Every year I try to do a project over the winter months... Last year it was a CAT D Multistrada, and the year before a Suzuki GT500 Cafe Racer. a Harley before that...

This year’s project is already in the garage, and soon as we are back off holiday in late September I will make a start... Problem is, I am unsure of what to do with it?

Do i do a straight restoration, and make it mint? or some sort of custom? a scrambler style appeals, but I thought I would ask for comments to see if people come up with any ideas.

Here she is, and a couple of photographs of the last two projects....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. here ya go

3. Google Ducati Sporting Club desmodue and choose images :upyeah:

4. That SS looks stunning Flatfish.

5. Wotsits ?

6. [​IMG]

Yeah ... Scrambler

• Like Like x 2
  7. I love the look of that!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. It doesn't look to be in that bad a condition from the photo. Maybe a cafe racer or judging from those custom ones I saw at WDW2018 for the Monster's 25 anniversary, a full on bespoke build. I have not gone that far with my wife's 620ie, but I completely stripped it down (including the engine) then restored and rebuilt it, only to have to repeat the process after some myopic tw*t took her out in May this year and her ankle. She's is on the mend thankfully and the bike is gradually coming back together as well (again!).

9. I have the MTS front end if you need longer forks ;)

10. A cafe racer is out for me I am afraid.... needs to be upright and comfortable riding position!

11. turbo charge it ?? :thinkingface:

12. Thats a sad tale, please wish your wife well from me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Really like, the Suzuki, great job.
    The Scrambler option looks good!

14. high boost and he may get 75hp :astonished::upyeah::joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. tonio600.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Straight bars, rip all the electrics out and use motogadget stuff (motoscope pro is still one of the best aftermarket clocks IMO) - that will cut the wiring down to the minimum to give it a tidier look then try to loose as much off the bike as possible - my mind is going for the streetfighter look - strip to the frame, rebuild using primary colour as black....

17. Restore to standard will give it best value and desireability, I suspect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I disagree, these bikes have very little value, and won't become a collectors bike for eons if ever. So forget spending money to appease a nonexistent market. Tinkering and customising will bring hours of fun and won't reduce the bikes value, though it probably won't increase it either unless you do an amazing job. In which case all the mods will probably leave you out of pocket!

I'm always changing things on my 900, its an especially good hobby in the winter. Just try to make certain you will have space for it in the lounge from mid November onwards!

• Like Like x 2
  19. The 600's seem to be popular with lady riders, On that basis I wouldn't do much to it as it's a pretty looking bike.

I'd tidy and clean it, give it a good service and move it on to be honest. There isn't much you could do with that without throwing a shed load at it and you'd never get your money back on what is still basically an under powered 600

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information