1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking Forward To Collecting The 1299 From Hysides!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Itsnick, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Hello, although I have owned a diavel from 2011, I have sold a rc8r and gsxr1000 K6 to buy a 2016 1299s. I collect on Friday from Hysides in Romford Essex. Bought after testing this and the v4

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome Dave, why didn't you go for the V4?

3. morning, not sure where Dave came from, my name is Nick, anyway, to answer your question : the v4 felt too tame, and the 1299 left a big stupid grin on my face. It felt like an event. I am not going to get anywhere near using the capability of the 1299 so the additional capability of the v4 will be wasted on me. So in the end it was about how did they make me feel.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Good answer. BTW everyone here is called Dave. Makes it easier to remember everyone's name :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ah! Newbie error, sorry!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Posts merged (twice ;) )

7. Make sure you get all the relevant paperwork and extra keys etc with Hyside. I had to chase them up numerous times and still never received a second key.

Great choice though, I'd punt for a mint 1299s and pocket the 6-8k extra needed for the V4s.

#7 MaxDec10, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. And another you forgot ya bins!!!! :punch: Pics please

Will you be red?

Welcome into the mad house :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Good shout, have used (and been used) by hyside for over 20 years, collected all the standards bits (the previous owner had gone for the sport pack, akro’s and screen) yesterday.

11. Will upload a picture of my red 1299s on Friday, it’s gonna seem like a long week!

#11 Itsnick, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. It will be a long week it’s worse having one and waiting to pass your test :)

13. Welcome aboard and I be you can't contain your excitement . . . . !

I have only just joined the forum after reacquainting myself with the breed after a period 'away' - swayed by the 'Adventure' style of riding!

Take care out there and make sure you have plenty of 'autoglym' and polishing cloths!

14. Welcome to the forum:upyeah:,and anybody that's got a big stupid grin on is ok by me:D

15. Welcome along :cool:

16. Thanks for all the welcomes, look at for a v loud 1299 Pani around the lanes of essex

17. welcome and is it friday yet :joy:

18. Welcome, good choice :motorcycleduc: - those V4's look awful o_O:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Welcome and enjoy.

20. Welcome the 'mad house', I hope this week doesn't pas too slowly for you. Post some pics up when you've had a blast the long way home and done the obligatory cleaning of it to remove the dead flies :upyeah:

Don't forget some bins in the shots either, you'll get on much better around here if you obide by the not so obvious forum rules ;) Last thing you want being a newby is @Ducbird on your case from the outset! o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information