1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Looking To Buy - 749r - Query

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Craigaducati, Sep 23, 2017.

1. I am looking for a clean 749R and have came across this one at Ducati Coventry.
    https://www.facebook.com/DucatiCoventry/posts/1471846389578664

It a 2004 with 12K and full history (the year with the carbon fairing) but a few things seem out of place for me.
    I am worried about the single light and "blended" paint/carbon at the top of the front fairings. The indicators/mirrors are not original. Do these look right or some attempt to make it "special"?
    Keen to have a standard 749r that I can cosset, not a heavily customised "special" or made up 749R.
    I could do with some help...

2. That was owned by a guy on this forum. Can't remember his name at the mo.
    I will never forget the very long pegs.

3. Thanks for the info.
    Chris certainly has put a lot of time into this.
    I am torn. Whilst it's great work (nose cone and single headlight) I am not sure of the mirrors/indicators - the unused hex nut and washer look nasty..
    I think you mentioned that it's probably worth £1k-£2k less than the original standard.

I would need to replace those pegs! - wow..

4. How much is each one?

5. £8,400 for the single headlight 749r (12k service done and recent belts)
    £7,800 for the Jap 749r import (12k service and belts would need done).

6. I'd get the Jap one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Is the import one 04 with carbon Fairing's and otherwise standard? If so, go import.

8. The single headlight is the 04 carbon fairings, the Jap is a 05 plastic fairings...
    If was never going to be that easy a choice..:):)

9. The single headlight is the 04 carbon fairings, the Jap is a 05 plastic fairings...
    If was never going to be that easy a choice..:):)

10. I wouldn't get either at those prices.

Single headlight one is not standard so too pricey.
    Jap one is placcy fairing import so too pricey.

Jus' sayin', like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Just came across this on facebook for sale. Indeed that was my old bike! Think that is a bit pricey though.

WP_20160331_12_09_37_Pro.jpg

View attachment 98578

WP_20160705_11_15_46_Pro.jpg

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_image.jpg

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_13.jpg

WP_20160706_12_56_50_Pro.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Interesting to see a rear tyre from the budget end of the market on such a lovely bike

13. Well, as I'm no TT racer, they done the job

• Like Like x 1
  14. Apologies for being a little late to the party. I went to see this bike in January this year when it was being sold by a forum member local to me who had bought it from Chris. It certainly wasn't sold for anywhere near that price and whilst a credit to all the work Chris did, for the purist, the original head light and front fairing were not available. If you want to ride it, buy it because it was a looked after bike. If you are looking for a collectable that will retain or gain value, you'll need to spend more money on it to return it to original. If your Japanese import is genuinely an 05 model, it'll have the single front fairing vent. The Japanese import will be harder to validate and verify history and is likely to be a different spec to the European model due to different legislation. 749Rs are few and far between now which is one of the reasons why people are importing them. You have to decide how much you want one and if you are prepared to shell out sooner rather than later. Good luck. Andy

15. if you go to look at this bike take care to examine where the subframe meets the main frame as there used to be 2 spacers on one side to make it all fit as something was on the piss :eyes:

16. Cant say I ever noticed that when I had the bike. Never had the subframe off. I know the subframes have varying tolerances. Wonder if it has been sold as not on Ducati Coventry website.

17. I don't know what the problem is/was mate sorry. What I do know is that the subframes mounting points, being on the end of long tubes, do have a lot of flex in them so the discrepancy must be/have-been pretty big to require spacers on one side, perhaps the seat and seat unit would no longer fit without them, I dunno.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information