1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking To Buy 750 Supersport In Italy

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Mal M, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Just seen a nice looking 750 SS 1999 in Italy at €3000 and wondered if it’s worth it, about £2700. Got to get it home somehow but it looks good

Mal

841FB648-6728-4A24-BDA1-938E5FB6D82C.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I would say it will end up costing you a lot more than buying one in the UK once you've paid transport, import duties, and registered it etc.

They are pretty cheap at the moment, £2700 is about the going rate for a 900SSie

Nasher

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Also available at £3000, a 1991 'H' plate, 8000 miles only, 750 half-faired. Lancashire. I don't want to sell it, but may well have to. Ducati1.JPG Ducati3.JPG Ducati2.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. for around 3 grand you could probably find a 1000 ds ssie
    got offered one a couple of years ago was offered one for £1800 wish i had bought it lol
    but as the wife pointed out it was that or the new roof on the house which was needed lol

5. Luckily there's no import duty to pay from Italy, but no doubt that'll all change next year... :rolleyes:

6. unless it’s near new, or low mileage.

‘If you imported the vehicle from the EU
    VAT is usually only charged on vehicles that are new. A vehicle is new if either:

7. Thanks, I didn’t think vat was on used bikes but customs puts vat and duty when you bring parts in from outside EU. Everything could change next year if the assorted goons don’t get their ducks in a row.

There are plenty of these in U.K. and price is lower than the Italian guy was asking, might just wait till mid winter, early next year before I buy one now, could be less cash and I ain’t riding in the freezing wet and cold. Only ride a bike for pleasure now (too old!).

8. Unless the bike you're looking at is rare or very cheap, sub £1500 I wouldn't bother going to the trouble of importing one from Europe. As has already been said, transport costs & VAT cost will almost certainly make it expensive & there are plenty of good, similar bikes already here in the UK for sale.

The best thing is to look in all the obvious places like Ebay, Gumtree, etc even just to keep an eye on prices & join Ducati forums like this one. Quite often someone might offer a bike for sale that you wouldn't know/hear about normally. If you are not in a rush, just bide your time & something will come along.

I would really like to buy either a Bimota DB7 or 8 when I have the money & because of that I would look at Europe, but no further. There are bikes in the US, but the transport costs rule any of them out unless the bike was really cheap, which is very unlikely to happen.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information