1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loomies Tomorrow Night (25th July) From Bristol

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by comfysofa, Jul 24, 2018.

1. As above, finally got the night off as it were. Wednesday nights is bike night there so, ill be leaving from Bristol (RSV4), stopping at my mates place in Staverton and collecting him on the way (RC8R) and then heading on down diagonally (mostly a roads and dual carriageways) if anyone is interested...

Oh - just to add im planning on skiving off about 4 - 4.30ish getting home and leaving about 5ish...

• Like Like x 1
  2. It is likely to be insanely busy and will as usual be attended by the local constabulary, anywhere within up to 10 miles in either direction of Loomies on the A272 and A32. It would also not be unreasonable to expect a few numpties so watch out for yourselves. I’ll be at a charity quiz night raising funds for Thrive which is close to my heart so will be missing. Hope you a trouble free ride. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I shall be shooting FORE a lot I suspect :upyeah:

Enjoy...dont expect to be able to park after 6 and before 8 :)

And as above, A272 will be fairly well policed. You have been warned ;)

4. Yep, heed the warnings. The bizzies there are sneaky serupticious buggers.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Andy, I might go as I'm off shift tomorrow morning, so once I've slept off, will be ready to go. What time approx will you be near Ringwood, Romsey, the New Forest etc etc? I'm only 20-30 mins from Loomies but can join en route?

6. Hi Wayne - ive no idea where any of those are in relation to the route were going...as i say my mate is in Staverton and he knows the roads like the back of his hand as he does a lot of driving for his job. I know that we get down to one of the junctions that takes us on to the (is it the a34?) for literally one junction ( i remember going past those high nets where theres a driving range ) to the next junction (which is the m3 i think) and at that point we go over and then its about 20 mins from loomies from recollection....

• Like Like x 1
  7. You will probably be coming across bootleg/hedge end/fair oak way by that description

8. Yeah - that way.....from Staverton i think we take a direct route down to that junction (a roads and dual carriageways)...

9. That's Winnall - where Moto Rapido is. In which case I doubt you'll go anywhere near Romsey or the New Forest. You'll probably cut through to Stockbridge - there are some good back roads that avoid the dead straight Roman road sections of the A30 and A272 west of Winchester. Then you join the A34 for about four miles and come off at Winnall onto the A272 and on to Meon Hut and Loomies.
    That's the way I usually go from Blandford/Salisbury.

There are some really nice little back roads if you take the A36 out of Salisbury and turn off through the Grimsteads, the Deans, Dunbridge etc. That takes you south of Winchester by mostly rural roads and you go through Twyford, Owlesbury and turn into Loomies from the opposite direction. But if you don't know those back roads south of Winchester you can easily get lost. Stockbridge to the A34 at Winnall is fine, just avoid the long straights. I usually go straight across the roundabout at Stockbridge towards Winchester then turn left to Crawley. Brings you out onto the A34 where your driving range nets are without touching Winchester or the boring straights.
    In fact it's probably the best option because the back roads to the south between Winchester and Chandlers Ford will be rammed with commuter traffic at that time of day. So will the A36 for that matter.

#9 Gimlet, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Cheers Gimlet, I thought he might have headed for Salisbury then came down through West Wellow etc on the A36 ( I live near the east side of the A36), but sounds like he's heading for Winnel, then the 272. I''ll head out that way and look for two dudes on a Prilla and a mighty KTM that look a bit lost :upyeah::D

11. If they get as far as there Bradders, they've gone too far from the A36 or the A34. I reckon their going A34 Winnel, on to 272 :upyeah:

12. Is t the ‘driving range nets’ at the m27/M3 junction tho?

Ps Botley was auto corrected to bootleg. Probably quite apt :rolleyes:

13. FWIW I would go Salisbury, Winchester, Winnal, Morestead Road and cut mostly A272 out or even come out south of Loomies on A32 then have a speed limit controlled ride the few miles north (their WILL be plod on A32 West Meon, almost guaranteed)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sitting in vans in layby's with pesky cameras, plus plain clothes bikes. I avoid that area like the plague. The 272 surrounding Loomies is a no go zone as far as im concerned. I always bypass it like Brad says.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I might just go to West Bay for coffee and chips.

For a change...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Get ya self to Loomies for a brew, can meet on way if you want?

17. Could do.What time you going? I'd go Salisbury/Stockbridge as above.

18. Not sure on time, I'm free all day, but would you go stock bridge into Romsey , or stockbridge and head over towards Winchester?

19. @comfysofa and @Gimlet etc. I'm just heading off to stock bridge now. Will check phone when I get there, but I'll go to pub at top of street in the roundabout. The white Hart I think it's called?

20. I can set off now but it'll take me a good 40 minutes to get to Stockbridge. No smartphone either so take pot luck when I get there. Be riding an orange KTM 1190.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information