1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lorenzo Back To Yamaha

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Wassy, Jan 30, 2020.

• Like Like x 2
  1. That's great news as he went out with a whimper,and that should not be so.:upyeah:

2. MV and FQ had better watch out if George gets his confidence back. Lap time comparisons are going to be interesting.

3. George will develop that Yamaha again for Rossi to be competitive on in hi last year...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Great move for all parties

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jorge wasn't a good fit for both Honda and Ducati.
    With Yamaha, he's back where he belongs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. He’s riding on Sunday at the Sepang shakedown test according to Twitter

7. Am I the only one to think that this development is a little off ? The man retires to get out of his contract with Honda and now there's talk of him returning to racing for Yamaha. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Perhaps, but its only talk, and its from the media in the slow season for MotoGP news, so until I see an interview with Jorge saying he is looking forward to doing a few races I will take it with the proverbial pinch of salt.

9. if, as loz said in his interview with suzy, he has lost confidence, lacks motivation and is basically scared of getting hurt, is there any value in yamaha taking him back as a test rider? or was he sand bagging both in the interview and on the honda?
    never been a fan of the man from a personality point of view (armchair critic as ive never met him) but loved his riding, but there is so much talent on offer, why flog a dead horse?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. But if he gets on with the bike and his confidence returns, surely his motivation will follow and he'll no longer fear getting launched at the scenery every Sunday.

I think it's a no brainer Chiz. If he has lost it, then he stops testing and nothing is lost, but it's worth having a go I think. He's still only 32 and should be around his prime.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. i kinda agree.. but also think its denying a seat ( which there are very few of) to a new talent in favor of a rider that has had his chances and decided it is no longer for him.... if he was a crowd pleasing definite winner, id say give him his seat back at yam. but he aint. so id rather see that gamble taken on new blood or we will forever be watching old hacks stopping potential vr46's coming through.
    i may sound a lil hypocritical in that i still think rossi deserves his spot, but he has never quit and still out paces 90% of the field race in race out... loz sucked the fat one .....

12. World of difference between racing and testing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Nothing other than what’s been mentioned in the article although he’s been posing with his bike on Twitter. He’s riding tomorrow apparently then in the proper test at the weekend.

14. would have thought he'd be straight out there but then i guess hes only a test rider . a racer would probably want all the preseason testing he could get....
    might have been contractual red tape.... still a bit odd that the other yam testers did so few laps.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information