1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Key Found! Will Meta Fob Work....

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by wadesnj, Apr 12, 2019.

1. After three months, I found my lost spare key in the grass outside my office where I had obviously dropped it. I was cutting the grass when I spotted a glint of metal. There was my key with attached Meta fob, covered in dirt and, as I subsequently found, full of water! I opened the fob, tipped the dirty water out and proceeded to clean it up as best I could, drying it thoroughly afterwards with a fan heater. The circuit board was very furry, and I chucked the batteries obviously, so I have ordered new CR1220's and keeping my fingers crossed it will still work! I had actually bought a new key blank, been given a new transponder chip and spent 50 quid on a new Meta fob - but not got round to key cutting or programming, so might have a third spare if the recovered one works. Anybody any experience of bringing back a Meta from the dead?

Here it is after cleaning, the big chip at the top above the microswitch was very furry!
    IMG_20190412_134939.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information