1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost My Ducati Virginity

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Simon19, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Evening all. Just joined the forum and what with us motorcyclists being the famous conformists that we are here's the obligatory newbie post as per protocol.

After 22 years of riding bikes I've just bought my first Ducati and I have to say I get why people seem to like 'em. Its immediately obvious that its going to be a pain the a**e to do any work on but strangely I can forgive it for that and instead just keep thinking; what a lovely thing.

This one isnt going to be some pampered princess though, locked up safe and dry indoors, definitely not. We're doing the Ducati TriOptions Cup in 2021 so this one has been bought as a race bike, to be a race bike. We'll do a year on the 959 and all being well upgrade to a V2 at the end of the year.

Its basically all there but there's a few bits and pieces to and not knowing much about the 959 just yet I thought the forum would be a good source of information. Any of you who frequent the track day riders forum may know me on there as the ill thought out username track day monkey - not that Simon19 is much more imaginative but does what it says on the tin at least.

Here's the obligatory picture for those who cant be bothered to read anything. It'll get some paint in our colours before the spring but it looks great even as it is.

thumbnail_IMG_4105.jpg

Cheers
    Simon

• Like Like x 15
  2. Hey i looked at the picture first and then read the article,Welcome fella.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Glad you found the Forum Simon. :upyeah:

4. Greetings Number 19!
    Congrats on the new bike and good luck with your new race series.

5. Welcome and good luck going forward.

6. Lovely. And welcome:)

7. Nice & welcome fellow (almost) Simon!

8. very nice and welcome

9. Looks nice as it is - hope your paint is as good!
    Welcome.

10. I hope you warmed up and stretched first...! :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Welcome and enjoy. Nice bike

12. Thanks all :upyeah:

13. Welcome...
    That would look really nice in Claret and Blue don’t you think... X

• Like Like x 1
  14. White and fluoro orange have always been my colours until now (a bit malboro yamaha-esque) so i was thinking white and red for the Duc. I've got two sets of wheels both painted really nicely in blue though and i'm loathed to have to strip and repaint them if i dont have to so i'm thinking white and blue.

This is where i've got to so far in my scribbling

thumbnail_IMG_4104.jpg thumbnail_IMG_4108.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Nice scribbling! You appear to have done this type of thing before?

16. I can see why you might think that but i just found an outline profile of a 959 on google image search, printed it out and coloured it in with some crayons! It looks more impressive than i can take credit for.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Welcome to the forum

• Like Like x 1
  18. Welcome and good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Looks muchly like the Leoppard team from Moto 3 ... X

20. Welcome to the Ducati forum another great write up from a newbie (other newbies please take note)
    Great intro a fantastic picture but you did forget your bins but no ones perfect
    Enjoy your first Ducati

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information